• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ISO aftermarket gas cap that actually fits 66-67? Does it exist?

StayTrue

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
12:47 PM
Reaction score
I have the original gas cap but I do not want to leave it on and risk it being stolen. I can't believe I'm saying this about a gas cap haha!
I'm just looking for an inexpensive aftermarket one that will work for day to day. I've tried 10624 both Stant and Motorad and neither fit.

Does anyone have a remedy? Thanks in advance!

I have the original gas cap but I do not want to leave it on and risk it being stolen. I can't believe I'm saying this about a gas cap haha!
I'm just looking for an inexpensive aftermarket one that will work for day to day. I've tried 10624 both Stant and Motorad and neither fit.

Does anyone have a remedy? Thanks in advance!
I think I kept the cap off my SW. I will look for it. It will be free but, unfortunately shipping isn't.

Mike

I just ordered a Motorad MGC-46 cap off of amazon for my 67 charger and it works perfectly. Was $3.91.

I just ordered a Motorad MGC-46 cap off of amazon for my 67 charger and it works perfectly. Was $3.91.

I have one of those as well and its too small for the 66 Belvedere.

The MGC24 would work as it fits over the filler neck, but it doesn’t sit deep enough to turn and lock.

A8B9C5F9-75C0-42A5-B2BD-C6B8476B88BA.jpeg

Maybe this helps. ( I posted this last summer but I believe it's still relevant )

Some options for 66-67 Plymouth Satellite/Belvedere gas caps.

Stant: #10731
Gates: #31731
Duralast: #6731

These are sold to fit 73-76 Ford F100s, and I'm sure other models from these years. There are several different styles available but these are the part numbers that look closest to original for a 66-67 Plymouth and fit the location. These aren't curved like the original but I believe could be modified as they are make from steel. And even though these are vented, I've used them on my 66-67 Belvederes for decades without any issues. And nobody ever "borrowed" one. At $10-20, forgetting it at the pump doesn't break the bank.

img_1625-jpg.jpg

Right now it appears Stant and MotoRad are suppliers and have some differences in appearance. MotoRad supplied samples I have from both Gates and AutoZone (Duralast).

img_1631-jpg.jpg

The Stant has two sets of the tabs, you could grind off the inside set if you wanted to. Both use black plastic for the knob but someone could get creative and use some metal, then paint to match. These would never pass as original, but could be an inexpensive option for someone who needs a way to cap the tank.

img_1629-jpg.jpg

img_1620-jpg.jpg

img_1622-jpg.jpg

Maybe this helps. ( I posted this last summer but I believe it's still relevant )

Some options for 66-67 Plymouth Satellite/Belvedere gas caps.

Stant: #10731
Gates: #31731
Duralast: #6731

These are sold to fit 73-76 Ford F100s, and I'm sure other models from these years. There are several different styles available but these are the part numbers that look closest to original for a 66-67 Plymouth and fit the location. These aren't curved like the original but I believe could be modified as they are make from steel. And even though these are vented, I've used them on my 66-67 Belvederes for decades without any issues. And nobody ever "borrowed" one. At $10-20, forgetting it at the pump doesn't break the bank.

View attachment 1476625

Right now it appears Stant and MotoRad are suppliers and have some differences in appearance. MotoRad supplied samples I have from both Gates and AutoZone (Duralast).

View attachment 1476626

The Stant has two sets of the tabs, you could grind off the inside set if you wanted to. Both use black plastic for the knob but someone could get creative and use some metal, then paint to match. These would never pass as original, but could be an inexpensive option for someone who needs a way to cap the tank.

View attachment 1476627
View attachment 1476628
View attachment 1476629
Wow thanks sooo much!!! I searched to 66-67 forum and I couldn’t find anything listed for gas caps. I probably should’ve looked on the entire website.
I’m going to order all of them and see which one works best!! I think I’m actually needing a vented one so that works out

I think I kept the cap off my SW. I will look for it. It will be free but, unfortunately shipping isn't.

Mike
Hi Mike I sent you a couple private messages. Thank you!

Auto Transport Service
Back