• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Floor exhaust bracket mount

Mesopic

Local time
9:44 PM
Reaction score
Anyone able to tell me why on my 69 rr the exhaust hanger bracket attached to the rear floor (under the back seat location wise but UNDER THE CAR) is attached with bolts on the left side (no signs of previous removal) and spot-welded on the right side?
Thank you

Probably because the vast majority of that body type had a single exhaust, hence that bracket is spot welded, and those cars that had dual exhaust had the second bracket bolted in.

I saw that on my car two days while upgrading to a new TTi exhaust system. Mine came with dual exhaust from the factory.

Yes the vast majority of them were single exhaust and the factory bolted in the second one when duals were installed. If you look under the back seat you will also
find a reinforcement plate on said exhaust hanger

Yep, and in 73, they did one mount on the drivers side for single exhaust, but if you got a RR or Satty with duels, they added a funky bracket above the axle on the passenger side, so when I did my TTI exhaust, I had to fab a plate like the one on the drivers side, drill holes and install it myself. Looks better with two and not using that funky above axle bracket.

Auto Transport Service
Back