• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Floor insulation

Mike Szadaj

Local time
6:18 AM
Reaction score
Got the floor insulation laid out. The short block is done. Top end next. A pic of the car as it stands now.
insul1.jpg
insul2.jpg
insul3.jpg

Is the insulation metalized on both sides ? Are you trying to keep the heat in or out ? Reflectorized side would go to the floor board to keep heat out.

Not sure. Picked it up for a couple bucks at an estate sale. I just want a little road noise and heat relief without spending 3 - 4 hundred bucks for something like Dynamat.

Not sure. Picked it up for a couple bucks at an estate sale. I just want a little road noise and heat relief without spending 3 - 4 hundred bucks for something like Dynamat.
I couldn't agree more, Dynamat is a RIP off! Not saying it doesn't do the job but look at what you get for all that money:realcrazy:. I bought something very similar to what you used from Summit at a fair price, it was foil on both sides but had blue insulation... looked like denim Jean material?

Auto Transport Service
Back