• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FOR SALE-NOT MINE: 1972 Roadrunner GTX Track Pak 440 HP 4spd Dana 60 Only 219 Built Rare - $25,900 (Scottsdale)

Something about leading horses to water? :eek:

:lol:

Custom Image 12012024070258.jpg

Custom Image 12012024073219.jpg

Last edited:
WHOA ! ... now that I see these ^^^ pics !!! please allow me to re-assess my observation. Besides the color turn-off (sorry, but green ain't a desirable color ), that junk interior drags my assessment of the car way down. "Re-upholstered" ??? That interior is complete garbage, from the dash back. Great solid body, but to me, it screams color change, full interior, with a full resto, so I'd put it in the mid-teens. At best. Still a desirable car to do... at a reasonable cost. So that's my useless, revised opinion.

If a person were to buy it and send the dashpad in immediately as well as order the interior parts. This car could be whipped back into shape by the start of the next decade! I don't usually hate on green but yeah if it was an orange car it probably would have sold by now.

WHOA ! ... now that I see these ^^^ pics !!! please allow me to re-assess my observation. Besides the color turn-off (sorry, but green ain't a desirable color ), that junk interior drags my assessment of the car way down. "Re-upholstered" ??? That interior is complete garbage, from the dash back. Great solid body, but to me, it screams color change, full interior, with a full resto, so I'd put it in the mid-teens. At best. Still a desirable car to do... at a reasonable cost. So that's my useless, revised opinion.
All that clean sheetmetal is gold the 440,4 speed and Dana are too. Mid teens ain't happening.

It's like $20k in bodywork is already done. I'd bite the bullet and just TX9 the dang thing. TX9 doesn't seem to hurt values either.

no-sense-of-adventure-john-barrymore.gif

$26k?
People think that is crazy?
So if I understand old mopar guys right....
People will pay $600-$1200 for the dual snorkel pie tin depending on condition
People will pay $450 for the HP manifolds in poor shape, upwards of $700 in great shape, more if they got coated
The 440 itself, pulled from a car sitting on a tire people will pay 2 grand for, without the above attached anymore, or the transmission
People will pay over $3k for the dana 60
Fenders....
Original shifter....
So on and so forth

But the entire car, possibly numbers matching with that production qty, in really solid shape, is not worth $26k?

How is it that every Mopar from that vintage with shiny paint is a 6 figure car and one that needs a paint and 4 grand of interior work is a joke to people? I mean, except the 69/70 Chargers, those are silly right now. But everything else is either a gold mine or "lol what is he thinking?"
Heck if you ask the younger crowd they wouldn't even paint it, just wash it off and put 5 coats of wax over the "patina".
Is it really a wonder people are willing to chop up perfectly good cars?

I am glad I like the super cheap cars people roll their eyes at, at least the price is stable and not subject to whoever's whims and nostalgia or sentiment. I feel really bad for this guy and the amount of tire kicking he must be dealing with right now.
Not my favorite body style but I fully agree with you.

All that clean sheetmetal is gold the 440,4 speed and Dana are too. Mid teens ain't happening.
Yeah... I know... it's just that it needs too much... as stated if it were a HIP color, it'd be a no-brainer. If I was in the mood to do another resto, I'd make a serious effort for it. For someone to do all the work themselves, as I do, it'd be worth it. But to pay for a complete resto, albeit a great car, may not be a wise dollar move, that's why I revised my thought. I'm wishy-washy on this :lol:

I really like the car, and have always been a huge fan of the RR/GTX cars of that vintage, but the color absolutely kills it for me too. And as I sit here contemplating all of the points already made - I have to remind myself that I have a '70 340 Duster that was my high school hot rod in Okinawa back in the late seventies that I really need to tear apart and redo if I am going to launch headlong into another rotisserie resto...but that TX9 color change suggestion is certainly meritorious of further consideration...

Price is fair for an AZ car with no rust and being quite rare. You don't fully appreciate the value of a desert car until you have built one!.

1972 compression can be corrected quite easily and I can tolerate green, but not a fan of vinyl tops and the dreaded "lost the fender tag after taking off the car to keep it safe" is a no-go for me. Sorry... the rarer the car, the more critical the documentation is.

Strangely enough I will be in AZ and could drag along a car trailer in a few weeks..... but it is not to be: I am beyond full capacity already.

I love this car, the originality and rarerity. But it's not worth a whole lot, even fully restored.
But look at recent Mecum auctions; restomods have lost their stigma over the last several years. Even C1 and C2 Corvettes and 1st generation Camaro restmods are routinely hammering for more than a restoration.
Back on point, if I had the wherewithal to acquire this car I would restomod it. Besides the obvious interior, suspension, fuel system, and brake work, I'd paint it 2023 F8 green with vinyl top. Rebuild the engine with a 440 Source stroker kit with associated bolt on hardware (storing the OEM pieces), swap in a Passon 855. Go through the Dana. Add front PDB. Keep the current Magnums or move up to 17s.
Maybe add a Go Wing.
When it's time to sell I probably wouldn't get all my money back, but I bet it would be worth more than a straight resto.

Auto Transport Service
Back