• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

For sale (Not Mine), '66 Belvedere, York SC, $25k

OK a dissenting opinion.
I'm not crazy about the color but everyone sees color differently.
But the bench seat, column shift and 413 are all negatives for me.
What engine did it have originally?
The rear bumper appears to have a dent on the drivers side.
Both bumpers appear to have some hazing of the chrome on the top side.
The upper radiator hose is definately not right.
Hard to tell but it looks like a single pot manual brakes car.
Most certainly all drums and probably no sway bar.
Not a huge deal to upgrade those items.
It probably could use a front suspension rebuild.
I think $25k is pretty high (but I'm frugal as you know).

Ads I've responded to have always mentioned things that aren't obvious from pictures, both good and bad. Part of my screening process was the mention of at least some ownership history. Using this technique, I've never purchased a bad car, or gone on a wild goose chase with a private party sale. I struck out only one time, with a dealer, traveling to inspect a GTX with sketchy history I thought I could clone into the Demonstrator. Car was overpriced by 25%, verified by no sale at a major auction two months later. Only time I walked away empty handed, and I sure didn't regret it.
I've said this before, I've never taken you for a fool, quite the opposite. You have much to offer. I would recommend people listen when you speak, I do!!

I've said this before, I've never taken you for a fool, quite the opposite. You have much to offer. I would recommend people listen when you speak, I do!!
I'm thinking maybe Nick should take me on a road trip to South Carolina, if I can't talk him out of it prior...

How much for the 67?

...and what specs?

If it were a C-Body barge it would most likely have a green vinyl top too and we could call it "triple pickle".

Maybe Nick would call it "due sottaceti" or "zwei gherkins?:)

Last edited:
It's had some upgrades

imagejpeg_0(7).jpg

imagejpeg_0(6).jpg

I'm thinking maybe Nick should take me on a road trip to South Carolina, if I can't talk him out of it prior...
Nick is another value added member. I appreciate good people and they're getting harder to find!!

Nick is another value added member. I appreciate good people and they're getting harder to find!!
@DeltaV, you're on the list also. Your kindness towards me is not only documented, it's truly appreciated. I have a long memory and you guys our ingrained in it.

How much for the 67?

...and what specs?

I didn't ask him anything about the '67. He did say he is asking $20k for it. I'll send him a text regarding specs on the '67 now.

I heard back from him a few minutes ago.
It has a 318 in it, auto, not sure of rear...
His dad left behind a fleet it sounds. He says his wife won't let him keep them.
And he himself has limited knowledge of what he has.
He used the word "posi". I then told him he better be careful using words like that...just in case he gets a call from one of the FBBO folks about those Plymouths LOL.

if those are pretty much rust free and not patched up, they are almost priceless....... love 66-67s

I heard back from him a few minutes ago.
It has a 318 in it, auto, not sure of rear...
His dad left behind a fleet it sounds. He says his wife won't let him keep them.
He used the word "posi". I then told him he better be careful using words like that...just in case he gets a call from one of the FBBO folks about those Plymouths LOL.
I doubt the 318 has limited slip.

Last edited:
The car captures my interest. ‘66 is my favorite year for the Belvedere. Not sure I want to dump that kind of coin on another car right now.

Oh what the hell, just go for it. I'm sure that you can even talk him down a few grand. You'll kick yourself if you don't.

Even better. He doesn't know much about them & they have to go.

This might call for the cash and a trailer approach. Especially since his wife wants them gone. Might play out like me selling my 1965 Hurst mags for $50 in 1980 to avoid irritating my wife when she was about to become the sole breadwinner, after I parked the truck to return to school.

Auto Transport Service
Back