• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

For the guys craving more HP in their cars . . .

My Grandmother had an Austin A30....still to this day cannot figure how she got her fat *** in there.

View attachment 885398

(Not hers BTW)
I saw one JUST like that in my neighborhood in socal, even the same color! Even took some shots of it, but they are in my old phone, and i cant retrieve them. It's a cute little bugger, but Dayum, thats a little car!

I saw one JUST like that in my neighborhood in socal, even the same color! Even took some shots of it, but they are in my old phone, and i cant retrieve them. It's a cute little bugger, but Dayum, thats a little car!
Yeah...they're a dinky little car - heavy for their size. Similar size engine - 10 HP or thereabouts.

you'd have trouble getting me in there with a .45, I balk at getting in a ford!

The main reason British cars had such small engines is that they were heavily taxed on the cubic capacity of the engines. So to sell cars, and make the car more accessible to all, the carmakers put smaller engines in them. The British never really got into big inch engines...even now, they extract massive HP from small cubic dimensions. :)
You would think someone who claims to have all the degrees on the plant and smarter than everyone would have known that what a:fool:....lol

I found another 10HP for you :lol:

My buddy Cliff has been helping a customer put this old British made Standard 10 back together. Why, I'm not really sure, but she fell in love with it, and has never driven it...and her husband is wheelchair bound. It runs sweetly now ...after many months of sourcing parts.

Here's a quick look at it - taken a few weeks ago while I was working on my A100.

:)

I just saw a video that reminded me of this thread. Not a Standard 10 but it features other BMC cars.

Auto Transport Service
Back