• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

For the Love for my Father, My 69 GTX Restoration

Status
Not open for further replies.
WTG Justin. It's been a long time coming since you 1st posted this tribute. Any plans to publish your story?
Roger

Thanks for the compliment.....There are some plans in the mix already.....more to come but the show is keeping those at bay.....

Short answer is, YES.....When is undetermined with he exception of the show......

Justin

Beyond the remarkable restoration, only two of the thirteen cars to be unveiled were done by private individuals. Competing at this level with restoration shops that spends thousands of hours and hundreds of thousands of dollars just goes to show the dedication and attention to detail that Justin strove to achieve. This is an awesome achievement that he should be be very proud of for his efforts. It should do quite well in the judging and I would love to see it pull down the top awards for those in cars to be debuted. Again, congratulations and looking forwards to see how it does come November!!
Richard

Thank you very much for this wonderful compliment.......I know most here do not know you nor the level of restorations you have done.....To the readers my knowledge, experience and skill is at the community college level in comparison to Richard whom is in the Ivy league schools......

Coming from you relieves a lot of anxiety and tensions I have and will have. While representing/displaying this car at the show for the unveiling and judging.

To the folks here Richard has personally helped me behind the scenes with my restoration......Thank you my friend!

If you guys happen to look at the bottom of 69bfan aka Richard's posting he includes his website......The parts he carries guys are THE ONLY parts that look and fit right! If you don't see what you need on his website PM him here on FBBO or call.......Richard's company spends the time, the money to bring quality reproduction parts for our cars.......Parts you guys probably have and don't even know it.....FYI the vendors you guys buy from sell some of his stuff....He also goes to the big mopper shows and has a tent....

Richard feel free to chime in and educate the guys on your biz and what you offer and what shows you attend!

Looking forward to hanging out with you at the Nats soon!

Justin

Awesome Justin! Must be very proud!!!!
Mike

My good ole Texas friend! Great to see you here! Hope all is well with you and the family......

Thanks for the kind words......Seeing this this almost made me forget about the rim issue, lol......

Justin

awesome Justin, what a ride! and an accomplishment of the car and the unveiling. Don't stop now. I know you must have been thinking about the next one.:rolleyes:
Don

I really enjoy your thread......love the progress on your build!

Thanks for the compliments and the nudge,,,,,,The thought is there but the motivation is severely lacking......Maybe someone might ask me to do one for them....Thats would increase my motivation....

Justin

Justin- Congrats !!! You have gone above and beyond what most of us only dream of. Thanks also for creating your thread and allowing us to participate in your build, either through suggestions, questions or answers, or just vicariously watching your masterpiece come to life. You honored not just your father, but also your friends here at FBBO !!! Thank you. - Abe

thank you Justin, just a sprinkling a little fertilizer on the seed that im sure that is already implanted in your imagination. maybe this show will give you an oppourtunity to meet someone who wants just that done. best of luck! by the way just installed the rear window pads you sent me a while ago. after new paint and whiskers. looks great, thanks!

Justin- Congrats !!! You have gone above and beyond what most of us only dream of. Thanks also for creating your thread and allowing us to participate in your build, either through suggestions, questions or answers, or just vicariously watching your masterpiece come to life. You honored not just your father, but also your friends here at FBBO !!! Thank you. - Abe
Abe

I wish more would participate.......the lurkers...feel free to post....

In the beginning I didn't have a clue on what the thread morphed into.......What is interesting is this thread turned into a wonderful collage of the aspects you noted above.....Everyone posting has helped with my build in some way either with the details of the build, suggestions, questions and the upbuilding comments......also, the critical aspects "the mistakes" I made......

This thread and the others in the build section roll in the same way....some more detailed than others.....One thing is a constant in them and that is the upbuilding nature of the member base......It is like a family...With all kinds of Mopar flavors in cars....

I do appreciate you referencing the honor aspect to my pops......I did everything I possibly could do and I am coasting along waiting for the show to come and to lay it in their hands to decide.....

This car is a testament to my father and a testament to this wonderful forum and mainly the members here! The GTX WILL represent both very well at the show!

Justin

thank you Justin, just a sprinkling a little fertilizer on the seed that im sure that is already implanted in your imagination. maybe this show will give you an oppourtunity to meet someone who wants just that done. best of luck! by the way just installed the rear window pads you sent me a while ago. after new paint and whiskers. looks great, thanks!
It is a small thought....

Building a car for someone is a pipe dream but you never know......

You are welcome my friend...

The unveiling will be spectacular!

AdUJ.gif

tumblr_n08y7xbw9U1tpun21o1_250.gif

The X got some new tread today! The bias ply's look dinky in comparison, lol........I love the A12 look......

Thanks to Mark for the advice on the tire choices(size/back spacing)!

IMG_1958.JPG
IMG_1960.JPG
IMG_1961.JPG
IMG_1962.JPG

The X got some new tread today! The bias ply's look dinky in comparison, lol........I love the A12 look......

Thanks to Mark for the advice on the tire choices(size/back spacing)!

Oh wow! So many questions...

Did you put the bigger wheels/tires on for fun while the 14s are off getting repainted?

Please tell, what wheel size and back spacing? What is the tire size(s)?

Are you going to use the new tires as "drivers".

Oh wow! So many questions...

Did you put the bigger wheels/tires on for fun while the 14s are off getting repainted?

Please tell, what wheel size and back spacing? What is the tire size(s)?

Are you going to use the new tires as "drivers".
Sizes as follows
Fronts.....235 70....rim 15x7 4.25bs
Rear......275 60.....rim 15x8 4.5bs

Usage.....hmmmm....right now for rolling purposes, lol......other than that just a spare set....maybe for a look change in the future.....

So after many discussions over the placement of heater hoses........I have had to succumb to the general consensus....

snip..

So to appease the judges and the critics.....I switched them.....I will say it was hard to deviate what the X originally had these placed just to appease the masses......It is what it is...

The 1527 hose goes from the rear outlet of the pump housing, over or under and ....

Traitor ! :poke::fool::wtf::canada:

Traitor ! :poke::fool::wtf::canada:
Lol....you don't know how.much I personally fought it but they beat me into submission......

If it wasn't for the judging it wouldn't have changed but they only like it one way....

Last edited:
Who doesn't like bigger tires! Maybe that can be the tires for a little sidestep of the clutch?????

I always somehow think of the story you told of your Dad doing that, and your Mom giving him a earful.
We must be related cause I seem to find myself in that predicament from time to time......

Don't forget to remind us all of the date of the show, as it get's closer.

I always somehow think of the story you told of your Dad doing that, and your Mom giving him a earful.
We must be related cause I seem to find myself in that predicament from time to time......

Don't forget to remind us all of the date of the show, as it get's closer.
To this day I still crack up over that.......Man she was pointing her finger etc etc......
I never asked my dad about his reaction.....I knew what it would be and that is his typical smirk......

Now with my half, Natalie, she is all over see what kind of balls the cars have......She will make comments like "thats it", "I thought you were going to give it more".......Now if I want to tick her off I will tap the gas to jump the car forward.....she gets pissed at that:mad: but If I gun it from a stop she is rooting it onward:steering:

I will update as it gets closer to the event....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back