• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

For the Love for my Father, My 69 GTX Restoration

Status
Not open for further replies.
The GTX looks great! I can't believe how far it's come in such a short amount of time.:thumbsup: When you finish it, are there any plans to do another car?

The GTX looks great! I can't believe how far it's come in such a short amount of time.:thumbsup: When you finish it, are there any plans to do another car?
Good question Dr....

My dream.....would be to have a select set of clientele......And build correct cars all "in house" and the only things farmed out would be machining and plating.....

Just imagine how much faster the turnaround would have been if I didn't work 2 jobs at the time..........

That aside.....I have little interest to embark on a full correct OE restoration for myself anymore....I enjoy the Richard Cranium idea on future projects....Buy them done...lol...

Justin

Well it seems like the rim fiasco continues.......The shop restored them initially and once I placed them on the car and tightened the acorns the paint cracked and chipped off....The main culprit was they left the spray filler in the openings and when the nut grabbed that was all she wrote.....So called the shop and brought them back....They had to redo the faces and I got them back and placed them on with no problems....

So while working on the hoses today something looked funny on the passenger rim.....Looked like thick dust all over it...Grabbed a rag and wiped it and no effect....My heart sank....Rubbed my hand on it and it was a ripple effect. All four rims exhibited this....Ruined my day to say the least....I grabbed a rags and some denatured alcohol and rubbed and area and the dang rag was black, no kidding....

Now I am in Ohio and the flipping shop is in Texas.....However, there is no 3rd time charm here.....You botch it up twice and I am done......

Now I have to dismount the tires again......Then gets the rims redone..........

Honestly, I love the steelies but I wish it had magnums right now......

Stay tuned more to come in relation to the rim saga......

Ohh and I will contact the shop in Texas.......

View attachment 610747 View attachment 610748
Rebate time from Texas!!!! Gotta get to Columbus pretty soon!

LOL, the Mann act, across state lines for immoral acts!

Just kinda going sideways on the wheel problems. Had a few beers, no harm , no foul.

Congrats Justine- your motivation was far above the money!

WTG Justin. It's been a long time coming since you 1st posted this tribute. Any plans to publish your story?

Last edited:
Beyond the remarkable restoration, only two of the thirteen cars to be unveiled were done by private individuals. Competing at this level with restoration shops that spends thousands of hours and hundreds of thousands of dollars just goes to show the dedication and attention to detail that Justin strove to achieve. This is an awesome achievement that he should be be very proud of for his efforts. It should do quite well in the judging and I would love to see it pull down the top awards for those in cars to be debuted. Again, congratulations and looking forwards to see how it does come November!!

awesome Justin, what a ride! and an accomplishment of the car and the unveiling. Don't stop now. I know you must have been thinking about the next one.:rolleyes:

Congrats Justine- your motivation was far above the money!
It is Justin, Jeff...not Justine....

Money, who cares? It is a tribute to my Father and nothing, I mean nothing was going to limit this build.......

Thanks for the compliment....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back