• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

For the Love for my Father, My 69 GTX Restoration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Believe it or not but there is a nice guy in Chicago......A member here, whom showed up late to the Nats and we didn't get a chance to meet him and the boss......Prior to the weekend he sent me 2 deep dish Chicago pizza's and they were the best I have had......One cheese and one pepperoni.....Very tasty.....

Mario @MarPar thank you my friend! That was an awesome surprise.......

See you in Chicago in November and we can get the pizza and the drink on!

IMG_20180810_213535018.jpg
IMG_20180812_200031064.jpg

It was my pleasure, Justin!! Im glad you enjoyed it! :thumbsup:

I wish we would have met up, but we overslept Saturday morning. Rough night Friday (who does that before they have to drive 6 hours???) :rofl:

We will most certainly have a few in the MarPar-CarBar Brother!! :drinks:

Btw, I got pinched in Ohio on the way home. First ticket in 15 years. :( They got me by "air." I think it used to be by airplane, but I think they consider a radar gun on a tower (with accompanying dome camera) "air" nowadays. The fuzzbuster went nuts a few times, but I didnt see any Smokies on the ground. Wellll, all the way home we were looking around everywhere when it went off, and we finally noticed the towers....and they were in OH IN and IL!
Well, ill chalk it up as a good learning experience. :mad:

It was my pleasure, Justin!! Im glad you enjoyed it! :thumbsup:

I wish we would have met up, but we overslept Saturday morning. Rough night Friday (who does that before they have to drive 6 hours???) :rofl:

We will most certainly have a few in the MarPar-CarBar Brother!! :drinks:

Btw, I got pinched in Ohio on the way home. First ticket in 15 years. :( They got me by "air." I think it used to be by airplane, but I think they consider a radar gun on a tower (with accompanying dome camera) "air" nowadays. The fuzzbuster went nuts a few times, but I didnt see any Smokies on the ground. Wellll, all the way home we were looking around everywhere when it went off, and we finally noticed the towers....and they were in OH IN and IL!
Well, ill chalk it up as a good learning experience. :mad:
Are you sure on the cameras....I thought they deemed them unconstitutional.....I only know of traditional use of radar......

Everything always happens when you have something planned.....lol.....Glad you had a good time late yesterday and today....

MarPar, Carbar, love it....

Are you sure on the cameras....I thought they deemed them unconstitutional.....I only know of traditional use of radar......

Everything always happens when you have something planned.....lol.....Glad you had a good time late yesterday and today....

MarPar, Carbar, love it....

Yep. Not unconstitutional. I did a little digging, and these are called point to point cameras. They track you from one point to another on the highway and once you reach a certain speed threshold they nail you. They look like this...

trafficcamera.jpg

They are way high up on poles on the side of the highway/interstate.

Yep. Not unconstitutional. I did a little digging, and these are called point to point cameras. They track you from one point to another on the highway and once you reach a certain speed threshold they nail you. They look like this...

View attachment 638133

I-84 in my area has them, they don't give out that I know of yet.

View attachment 638133

I talked to several people today about those. They all said they are not in use and don't issue tickets.......

Guess we will se if you get something in the mail...I do hope you do not...

I talked to several people today about those. They all said they are not in use and don't issue tickets.......

Guess we will se if you get something in the mail...I do hope you do not...
Even if they issue you a ticket, it isn't points on your license. And I definitely recommend fighting it in court. They base the ticket on your license plate, NOT the driver of the vehicle.

Even if they issue you a ticket, it isn't points on your license. And I definitely recommend fighting it in court. They base the ticket on your license plate, NOT the driver of the vehicle.
Agreed...in Texas we had those red light cameras and they would send an invoice via regular mail....Everyone just threw them away and ignored them.....Our main question was, "unless you send it certified mail then How do you know I received it?" Through time more and more people did this and they gave up on the cameras, lol.....Same goes for jury summons......Don't send this BS via regular mail because it is nothing but junkmail.....

Justin, does the X have 67,*** original miles or do you know if it's been rolled over?

Justin, does the X have 67,*** original miles or do you know if it's been rolled over?
Original miles based on the paperwork I have....the quality of the drive train parts also supported that.....

Guess we will see if you get something in the mail...I do hope you do not...
Sorry, I just realized I left out one crucial detail...I got pulled over by an OHP and he gave me the ticket.

These are not red-light type cameras. They are real-time cameras that track your speed and then dispatch Police once you get nailed. So instead of a Smokey with a radar gun on the side of the road, its a tower with a camera and a radar gun.

Sorry, I just realized I left out one crucial detail...I got pulled over by an OHP and he gave me the ticket.

These are not red-light type cameras. They are real-time cameras that track your speed and then dispatch Police once you get nailed. So instead of a Smokey with a radar gun on the side of the road, its a tower with a camera and a radar gun.
Well that just flat out sucks.....

Justin that's very cool. My first 69 RR I bought from the original owner with 54xxx on it in 1980. He had the window sticker, trade in sheet, ect. Man I wish I had that car back.
I can only imagine the memories that you must relive every time you see it.

MN, this is such a great thread ! Thank you for all your hard work , efforts, patience , and all your postings on your build journey ! Sorry for the loss of your father but know he would be super proud of all your work. On a lighter note, this thread I came across when I was dumbing around looking for suspension colors and you inspired and propelled me to take a little more time and effort in my car and to preserve some of the factory looks that it would have had when new although I’ve added some upgrades . THANK YOU AGAIN for a great /informative post.

MN, this is such a great thread ! Thank you for all your hard work , efforts, patience , and all your postings on your build journey ! Sorry for the loss of your father but know he would be super proud of all your work. On a lighter note, this thread I came across when I was dumbing around looking for suspension colors and you inspired and propelled me to take a little more time and effort in my car and to preserve some of the factory looks that it would have had when new although I’ve added some upgrades . THANK YOU AGAIN for a great /informative post.
RR

Thank you for that uplifting post.....Man sometimes these come at a good time...Much appreciated!

Prior to seeing your post many memories were running through my head.......The Nat's was the first Mopar show without my pops and while the show went very well and met many friends.....One was just not there.......It is just not the same anymore.......but that is part of life........

I am happy you have found this thread beneficial to your restoration needs......It was a true adventure creating and building this thread. It morphed from a true life story.....to a detailed restoration tool.....and the key was all the involvement from members as yourself and the others that have posted and the lurkers that don't post.......

If you ever need any help at all feel free to PM me anytime........

Justin

Justin , your not actually selling that car right , just revealing and showing it ??? I would like to make the 9hour trip and see the car and get to meet the man with crazy attention to detail !

Justin , your not actually selling that car right , just revealing and showing it ??? I would like to make the 9hour trip and see the car and get to meet the man with crazy attention to detail !
It will be sold when I am dead.....lol.....

The MCACN show is the show where the car is first released to the public to see....

Be glad to see you there....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back