• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

For the Love for my Father, My 69 GTX Restoration

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to personally thank everyone viewing and commenting here. I just had a step back moment and noticed how this thread became monumental IMHO......This wouldn't have been possible without you guys! Maybe some gals or gal? @CudaChick1968 HELLO? WTH? lol....

Even dealt with some trolls.......When it comes to correctness they are not "up to date" on the current guidelines but that follows suit with a "lack" of education and a mental problem.....lol

Thankfully, this forum doesn't put up with nonsense.....

FBBO is the number one Mopar forum, hands down.....

Congratulations, Justin. Your parents raised one heck of a car guy.

Count me in as one of many beneficiaries of you and your threads on FBBO.

Congratulations, Justin. Your parents raised one heck of a car guy.

Count me in as one of many beneficiaries of you and your threads on FBBO.
Roger

That is no question! You contributed a fair amount here and IIRC you helped to clarify a few things.... Thank you for the compliment!

Justin

Congrats on the completion Justin, and for being selected to display at the Museum.

Definitely shows that the rewards are out there for a truly magnificent restoration such as yours...well done. :thumbsup:

Congrats on the completion Justin, and for being selected to display at the Museum.

Definitely shows that the rewards are out there for a truly magnificent restoration such as yours...well done. :thumbsup:
Roger

Thank you my friend!......Maybe a Kiwi might bee able to swing the trip?......If not we will drink a few in your stead!

Justin

Wow... museum you say! What a handy way to keep her well stored and clean lol. Congrats:thumbsup:

Wow... museum you say! What a handy way to keep her well stored and clean lol. Congrats:thumbsup:
Dev.....True that....I don't have to lift a finger with the sea of black to polish. They will be great care takers of the X for awhile.

Thanks for the compliments!

Justin

Sure that you're dad is looking down and doing a whole lot of bragging about his son at this moment - Congratulations on a job WELL DONE, and the wonderful honor of having your car on display in a museum for the Whole World to see the incredible job that you did on getting it back to original . . . the quality of the car speaks for itself . . . WOW . . . pat yourself on the back my friend ! ! !

Sure that you're dad is looking down and doing a whole lot of bragging about his son at this moment - Congratulations on a job WELL DONE, and the wonderful honor of having your car on display in a museum for the Whole World to see the incredible job that you did on getting it back to original . . . the quality of the car speaks for itself . . . WOW . . . pat yourself on the back my friend ! ! !
Larry

I needed that and thank you! It has been a long wonderful journey from the beginning of the restoration to where we are at now. The smoothest restoration I have tackled.....It is fulfilling that this car will be available for the public to see on a weekly basis. I will take your advice I will pat my back.....

Justin

Roger

Thank you my friend!......Maybe a Kiwi might bee able to swing the trip?......If not we will drink a few in your stead!

Justin
Whoa Justin, you said ‘bee’ in the middle of your sentence; is that a harbinger of things to come? I notice certain words when they come up,lol.

Congratulations it sure is a beautiful car . A museum is one of the highest compliments you could receive for the hard work accomplished . I am sure your dad is proud as well .
Still would like to see a video of another test ride .

Congratulations it sure is a beautiful car . A museum is one of the highest compliments you could receive for the hard work accomplished . I am sure your dad is proud as well .
Still would like to see a video of another test ride .
Pete

Thank you for the compliments! I am super ecstatic over the invitation.....A true honor for the car to be recognized as such....

As far as the test ride goes.....Me too....The last time I drove it was from the enclosed hauler to the garage, lol....That was probably about 200 felt....So there was no :steering:going on....

When the car comes back from the museum......It will get some drive time for sure....but that is a long time away.....:(

Justin

Now I’m wondering what they do at Gilmore? Exercise the drivetrain once in awhile- start it, roll it around?,etc. Hoping I’m able to be in Columbus when it comes off hauler after it’s stay up there. Justin & better-half are a class act; met them at the last ‘Nat’s!! Remind me of my boys born in ‘72&’74.

Now I’m wondering what they do at Gilmore? Exercise the drivetrain once in awhile- start it, roll it around?,etc. Hoping I’m able to be in Columbus when it comes off hauler after it’s stay up there. Justin & better-half are a class act; met them at the last ‘Nat’s!! Remind me of my boys born in ‘72&’74.
Jeff

It was a great time meeting up with you. Wish we had more time to hang out that day.....Thank you for the compliments Jeff...

They are essentially caretakers of the car while at the museum. It will be returned the same as when it was dropped off. Once the car reaches its display it stay there the duration unless the change things around etc.....They maintain them in a proper way a mecum of this type does to ensure the mechanicals are fine. The main thing is the environment it is in. The car will get more drive time being there then it s has since it got restored.....lol....

Hey, when the X comes back you are welcome to come over to see the return.......If you do I will take you for a ride and do a burnout! Thats a promise, as long as the weather is nice...

nothing better than lighting up some F70 x 14" bias plys......I could probably start in 3rd gear, lol...

Justin

Jeff

It was a great time meeting up with you. Wish we had more time to hang out that day.....Thank you for the compliments Jeff...

They are essentially caretakers of the car while at the museum. It will be returned the same as when it was dropped off. Once the car reaches its display it stay there the duration unless the change things around etc.....They maintain them in a proper way a mecum of this type does to ensure the mechanicals are fine. The main thing is the environment it is in. The car will get more drive time being there then it s has since it got restored.....lol....

Hey, when the X comes back you are welcome to come over to see the return.......If you do I will take you for a ride and do a burnout! Thats a promise, as long as the weather is nice...

nothing better than lighting up some F70 x 14" bias plys......I could probably start in 3rd gear, lol...

Justin
Oh oh ! CAN I RIDE TOO?!!! :lowdown:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back