• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

For the Love for my Father, My 69 GTX Restoration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks again Justin, that's the first time I've heard of that vendor, looks like he has great product. Thanks for the info
Just be sure to call him before placing your order if you do....

Got another vintage dealer brochure for 1969........So far I only am aware of one more and am on the hunt for one....

GTX1.jpeg
GTX2.jpeg

We had a previous discussion here about the "Rapid Transit System".......The main question was when it came into effect. So I went ahead and got an original dealer brochure describing it to the public. This brochure was released for the 1970 model year. In this it describes what accumulated through the years and led to the "RTS" system.

Enjoy....pretty cool brochure and history.......

RT1.jpeg
RT2.jpeg
RT3.jpeg
RT$.jpeg
RT&.jpeg
RT5.jpeg
RT6.jpeg
RT7.jpeg
RT8.jpeg
RT9.jpeg

Reflecting back, the ‘Scat Pak’ was more probably popular than ‘Rapid Transit’; probably because of the ‘Bee’(?). Just my remembering.Both had awesome pics though. Ya gotta remember that Roadrunners came with rubber floor coverings back in the day? Dodge was more upscale, with carpet from the getgo.

Reflecting back, the ‘Scat Pak’ was more probably popular than ‘Rapid Transit’; probably because of the ‘Bee’(?). Just my remembering.Both had awesome pics though.
Completely agree.....The scat pack marketing nailed it......

You know I have been to many shows in the past 20+ years.......Last November was my first MCACN. The overall process from start to finish went so smooth and with zero hiccups. Which is not an easy feat dealing with all the logistics involved. I can't imagine all of the logistics Bob Ashton deals with overall.....The icing on the cake came recently in the mail. To actually take the time to write on a standard letter about my car out of over 500 there is amazing. I am sure he did the same for all the participants.....Thats phenomenal......

For some that have not been. I highly recommend going at least once....It is clearly for car guys and the car owners and it is unlike any other show......

Class Act Bob is!

image1.jpeg

I finally found an original battery cable that was intact, uncut, not melted or exposed wires......Of course, "she aint pretty" but wait till I am done with it......This is the first one I have ran across.........

image1.jpeg
image2.jpeg

Wonderful letter Justin. Love the cable a good indoor winter project in these frigid temps.

How wide is the cloth tape used on that Justin, 1" or 3/4"?

The insulation actually holds up good enough on those, that's crazy! So how do you bring the color back to life on old rubber?

Wonderful letter Justin. Love the cable a good indoor winter project in these frigid temps.
Roger.....

Buying stuff is far more enjoyable than working on it, lol.......By the time I get motivated it may be spring:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back