• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

For the Love for my Father, My 69 GTX Restoration

Status
Not open for further replies.
You need to bring that thing to The Nats in Columbus or Carlisle one of these years. I'd love to see it in person!

Just got caught up, this will be a very special car and I would love to see it in person some day.
The level of detail is fantastic, thanks for posting all this!

Just got caught up, this will be a very special car and I would love to see it in person some day.
The level of detail is fantastic, thanks for posting all this!
440+6

Thank you for following my thread and the comments about my build!

just an fwi the show it will be at is about 4 hours from you......

Justin

Justin let me know when you go. If I'm on your route I got a place you can spend the night if you want. Maybe I can follow you over. SAG wagon.

Justin let me know when you go. If I'm on your route I got a place you can spend the night if you want. Maybe I can follow you over. SAG wagon.
Tim
You are too kind sir! This is why this forum is the best one on the net....because we have members like you....People that are not just into as a hobby but also like one big family here....Willing to help in any means possible if able too....

I will be shipping the car to and fro from the event....Mainly due to distance, aggressive drivers and is added insurance in my mind. I have pulled a car trailer several times 22 plus hours away and it is no fun. The problem was everyone else on the road.....

If I was driving I think that is out of the route but I am flying into Chicago....I think you are about 3 hours away....if you decide to go I will hook you up my friend!

Justin

Let me know when it is. I'd love to come!
I used to race all over. Lots of 18-22 hour trips pulling a trailer. I know what you mean!
3 hours, that's a cake walk, although I really hate Chi town traffic.
Of all my travels Atlanta & Washington DC are the worst. Chicago 3rd.

I think Chicago is about 5-6 hours for me.

Tim
You are too kind sir! This is why this forum is the best one on the net....because we have members like you....People that are not just into as a hobby but also like one big family here.

And just like a family,there are some we just don't want to talk to. :lol:

Alright, back to some major work....

The oil sending unit was installed originally prior to paint and the top portion got taped off....

My original engine pipe plugs came in today from getting plated. The new plugs came from Bill Rolik and are correct for 70 and above but the comparison pics show they are not the same for pre 70....These were installed originally post paint during assembly...

IMG_1625.JPG
IMG_1626.JPG
IMG_1627.JPG
IMG_1628.JPG
IMG_1629.JPG
IMG_1630.JPG
IMG_1631.JPG
IMG_1632.JPG
IMG_1633.JPG
IMG_1634.JPG

It is very nice to see your dedication and devotion to take the restoration to the level that you are. It is the 1% of the restorations that achieve this level and feel that the car will do very well when it is unveiled to the public. It is becoming tougher to do cars to this level unless you have an excellent base to work from and have been putting away parts for years to accomplish this feat. Likewise, I appreciate your knowledge and your willingness to share it with others. Continue with the excellent work and your efforts to present it as correct as possible.

It is very nice to see your dedication and devotion to take the restoration to the level that you are. It is the 1% of the restorations that achieve this level and feel that the car will do very well when it is unveiled to the public. It is becoming tougher to do cars to this level unless you have an excellent base to work from and have been putting away parts for years to accomplish this feat. Likewise, I appreciate your knowledge and your willingness to share it with others. Continue with the excellent work and your efforts to present it as correct as possible.
69bfan

Thank you for the compliments my friend and your true understanding of these types of restorations....I was fortunate that the majority of parts on the GTX were in a non pitted/pristine restorable shape. Lots of NOS parts were acquired and still on the hunt for a few but after awhile I got to a point to just start the restoration and deal with those at a later date.

I have acquired a lot of knowledge in 25 years in the hobby, 11 full restorations and stripped probably a 100 plus mopars completely. Scoured massive collections, survivors and of course fully restored cars. Still to this day I learn something new....No one will ever know it all and I am happy to relay what I know and have learned through all those ventures.....

Your last statement is of key note, Present it as correct as possible! Every concours restoration is a presentation of what it once possibly was.....Thats it...Simply put, we cannot time machine the car back to Lynch Road in 69 and run it back through the line....

I really appreciate you and all of the members on FBBO that are in my little thread on the web with good, honest intentions of being here....

Justin

Last edited:
No updated pictures since Wednesday. That can only mean two things; either you're thrashing away at it or you're slacking.

Hmmmm...............

:D

No updated pictures since Wednesday. That can only mean two things; either you're thrashing away at it or you're slacking.

Hmmmm...............

:D
Pics coming my friend....Me and the front suspension are currently having a complicated relationship...lol

"Slacking" is OK at times LOL. I do it whenever the better half is absent from the homestead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back