• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

For the Love for my Father, My 69 GTX Restoration

Status
Not open for further replies.
More pics

The 4th and 5th pics show the finish better on the spindle...
IMG_1716.JPG
IMG_1717.JPG
IMG_1724.JPG
IMG_1730.JPG
IMG_1731.JPG
IMG_1732.JPG

Installed both sides and some things torqued to spec rest will be torques when torsion bars are put in.....

Remember leave bump stops, shocks, pivot shaft nut loose and front strut bar nut loose until torsion bars are in.....
IMG_1733.JPG
IMG_1737.JPG
IMG_1738.JPG
IMG_1739.JPG
IMG_1740.JPG
IMG_1741.JPG
IMG_1742.JPG

Justin everything is absolutely top notch and moving fast!!! I'm in awe every time I read your thread!!!
Mike

Thanks for the compliments my friend! It appears faster than what it actually is.....What I mean by that is all parts were done probably almost a year ago, no kidding...Once each part is done all associated pieces get boxed/bagged with it....So when I get to assembly I just grab and go....It makes for a very smooth process...

Along the way you do run across surprises...When I was putting the grease cup on the idler arm it tore:mad: I will order 2 this week just in case, lol....Then after that I cannot locate the front strut bar nuts for anything....Lastly the clutch fork rod I sent out for the correct finish. I cannot find it anywhere.....After the car is done I will probably find that, lol

Justin

When I was working on my Hemi Charger years ago, one (on each side) of the upper control bushings had a collar inserted over the inside portion of the bushing. Can't remember if it was on the forward or rearward facing bushing, but it was the same on both sides. I don't know if it was a 68 thing or another one of those odd Hemi things, but I was wondering if yours had that.

img_1651-jpg.jpg

When I was working on my Hemi Charger years ago, one (on each side) of the upper control bushings had a collar inserted over the inside portion of the bushing. Can't remember if it was on the forward or rearward facing bushing, but it was the same on both sides. I don't know if it was a 68 thing or another one of those odd Hemi things, but I was wondering if yours had that.

View attachment 442201
It did have those collars on both...Look closely at the pics. It goes on the rear bushing. They are also mentioned in the 69 service manual as well and came with HD suspensions....These things are also a PITA to get off and somewhat easier to get on...

My charger had them as well....I do not know who carries them. Mancini used too but not sure if they do anymore..

Last edited:
Hey Justin. Looking great! Why did the factory install the wheel cylinders with the PN #'s upside down?

Hey Justin. Looking great! Why did the factory install the wheel cylinders with the PN #'s upside down?

Roger

Good question and I really do not have an exact answer. Maybe they sat in the bins better with the part number molded that way. They only go in one way and if placed on the wrong side you cannot hook up the brake hose. On the assembly line the bins are on opposite side so they wouldn't get mixed up.

Maybe someone can chime in with their thoughts....

Holy Moley!! LOVE this car, the story, and the work you're putting into it!!
Greg

Sorry, I was too focused on something in your avatar I could barely understand your post, lol....

Thanks my friend for taking the time to look and for the compliments...Much Appreciated!

Justin

Lookin good! Won't be long and she'll have all 4 on the ground.

Thanks to RC for mentioning this thread in another post I have spent the last 6 hours catching up from the beginning.

What an interesting restoration. Thanks for revealing the differences between original parts and their re-manufactured cousins.

Your car will be like new when finished. I don't know how you will ever come to an agreed price for insurance purposes on something so priceless.

Well done.

Thanks to RC for mentioning this thread in another post I have spent the last 6 hours catching up from the beginning.

What an interesting restoration. Thanks for revealing the differences between original parts and their re-manufactured cousins.

Your car will be like new when finished. I don't know how you will ever come to an agreed price for insurance purposes on something so priceless.

Well done.
Themechanic,

Thanks for taking the time out of your day to look at my thread! I appreciate all the compliments my friend....

When it comes to the insurance end and agreed value that will require some extra leg work on my part but the number will get met...Even at that number. I agree it is still priceless...

Justin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back