• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

For Trade - 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9 Limited - 90k miles - trade for Mopar

Status
Not open for further replies.

strang3majik

Local time
5:08 AM
Reaction score
Contact seller
Hey everyone,

Just joined here looking for a project car. I'm looking for either a 68-72 Charger or 63 Fury/Belvedere/etc. Looking for one in decent shape. I expect needing restoration (obviously depending on the year Charger, will have a grand impact on value). But...let me know what you have.

What I have to offer is my 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9 Limited. She's my daily driver, but I recently picked up a 1996 Indy Ram and am moving to FL and won't need 4wd....so.....

It was a one year only jeep that came with the 360, and all the power options. When it was built it was the fastest SUV ever produced, and more or less the predecessor of the SRT8 Jeeps out now.

Mines not perfect, but has 90k miles on it and runs great, and is quite quick for a 4000lb 4WD SUV with power everything.

But, its Platnium in color, 5.9L with 46RH trans that shifts beautifully. And no rust to be found besides underside surface rust. This Jeep also has the tow hook and skid plate package.

Now for the issues...

Transfercase Viscous Coupling is bad. These trucks are AWD (therefore no 2WD selection). I always take the front driveshaft out for the none snowy months. When in 2wd, there is no issues at all. Also a lot more fun to drive. 3.73 trak lock rear end :)
When the front driveshaft is installed, it can be quite annoying in tight maneuvers as it is locked full 4wd 50/50 split. Feels like your driving a car with a spool in the rear end in tight maneuvers (parking lots, driveway, etc).
Still plenty driveable and when the front driveshaft is in, its in 4wd so goes everywhere. But...as I said, annoying.

Dent in the hood from a deer. Though it comes with a spare 5.9 only hood that needs painted.

Needs an a/c compressor (a/c worked til the compressor clutch stayed locked and locked the pump up. System is still charged however).

Driver side seat heater needs connection resoldered. Very common. Pass side works great.

Headliner is starting to droop. Steering wheel leather is torn on the top (previous owner was a woman...suppose her rings tore it).

Other than that, its a great Jeep. I tried to point out everything...can't think of much else.

As far as mods and parts replaced in my ownership...

New 150amp Alternator
New water pump and 180* thermostat
New Gabriel Ultra Shocks
New Tie Rod end (at pitman arm)
New Front Rotors
New Autolite plugs/8mm Wires/Napa Gold Cap/Rotor
Battery is coming up on only a year old
Euro Headlights with H4 bulbs and relay harness
Cat Converter removed and Flowmaster 40 put in place of the stock muffer. Sounds awesome...nice gurgle on decel.
Trans filter changed about 10k miles ago
Diff fluid changed about 5k miles ago
Red Tinted Tails
Cold Air Intake

Here's some pictures and a video I have of it. The Torq Thrust DO NOT come with it. The last picture shows it when I got it with the original wheels...those are what will be on it.

Jeep has given me 20k miles of service, back and forth to Florida once (2400 miles round trip), and its ran beautifully the entire way. Any parts that were replaced or failed were from it sitting when I got it at 71k miles (therefore why the mileage is so low).

Gas mileage is about 12-13 city...I got 18mpg highway going to Florida at 80mph.

Also has a hitch with a 7 way connector. Has plenty of pulling power (pulled a car on an equipment trailer), but brakes are lacking for towing. I'd recommend a brake controller.

Jeep is originally from Virginia. I am located in Hanover, PA.

Give me a call/text at 717-000-0000

EDITED BY STAFF. PLEASE SEE THE FORUM RULES BEFORE POSTING AGAIN. NO EMAIL ADDRESSES OR PHONE NUMBERS.
if you are interested in a trade at all.

DSC09400.jpg

DSC09271.jpg

JeepBurnout-byRyanLippy.jpg

DSC_1029.jpg

DSC09698.jpg

Here's the wheels it will come with. This is the day I bought it in August of 2011.

DSC08360.jpg

And here's the video I made. I was playing around with my camera when I made it...its a shaky crappy video, I know...but...here it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzgK1JwAx30

And here's the window sticker...came with it.

JeepWindowStickerWholeSml.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Also...meant to say...

High book is $5700, Low book is $4700. So, since it needs a couple things, I'll say its worth $5k.

So...looking for something worth $5000.

You can get the coupling and chain kit for like 500 or so, so that ain't a bad deal. Them things are near bout in-dee-struk-table.

You can get the coupling and chain kit for like 500 or so, so that ain't a bad deal. Them things are near bout in-dee-struk-table.

Or swap in a 242 out of a junkyard 4.0L jeep. :) No body has reported breaking one yet in street use, included launching supercharged ones at the track. And then you have 2wd and 4wd selections instead of being stuck with AWD.

Sorry about posting the phone number. I'm on many forums, didn't think this one would be any different. I apologize.

PM me for a phone number if anyone is interested.

Wheels could be included if the deal makes it worthy. I'd much rather not though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back