• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

For you for 66 Coronet fans

There is no reason on an auction with that much time for the bidders to keep bumping the price up so early on...I'll wager that car didn't get to $70K in real bids.....:yes_no:

There is no reason on an auction with that much time for the bidders to keep bumping the price up so early on...I'll wager that car didn't get to $70K in real bids.....:yes_no:

I was thinking the same thing Gary, as the car sat at a little over $93K for awhile and then shot up the last day to it's final bid price. I know that happens on many items on ebay, but you wonder if the seller was using this first auction with it really high reserve, to set up a group of interested buyers for the car's second run on ebay?

Richard

Probably, I would think it will show up again, sweet car though, for a Dodge....:eek:s_dancing2:

the car sat at a little over $93K for awhile and then shot up the last day to it's final bid price

That isn't any different that most auctions on ebay. It's just like sex. The best part is the rush at the end.:HappyNewYear:

A "setup" for a second auction is not always a good idea, cause a lot of these two time auctions see the cars not bid as high as in the first unsuccessful auction.

I've seen that, they get relisted and just don't pull the cash....Must be Coronet time on e-bay, I see a WO23 listed and one of Butch Leals' old cars, The California Flash...he's looking for 200k for that one.....

Auto Transport Service
Back