• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ford Wheels

Stumper

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
7:16 PM
Reaction score
im looking at a set of Ford 15x6” steel wheels. I know the bolt pattern will fit but will any of the dog dish Mopar hub caps fit on these? The raised center of the wheels look to be larger diameter than 10” and it is uniformly circular, doesn’t have the three nubs.

I don't think they will fit the 10" Mopar Poverty style caps.

Ford wheels, that I can remember, don't have the correct center register diameter for Mopars either.
Mike

The only wheels off a Ford or Mercury that I know will fit a Mopar is the Ford version of the Road Wheel (aka "Magnum").
I did that swap decades ago when I wanted a 7" wide wheel on a '70 Satellite wagon I had.
As stated, center register is smaller on Fords.

The only wheels off a Ford or Mercury that I know will fit a Mopar is the Ford version of the Road Wheel (aka "Magnum").
I did that swap decades ago when I wanted a 7" wide wheel on a '70 Satellite wagon I had.
As stated, center register is smaller on Fords.
Fellow says he ran these steel wheels on his 79’ dodge pickup?

Dodge pick up with 5 on 4.5" bolt pattern? That doesn't seem right

I stand corrected. I looked it up and 1/2 ton Dodges did have 5 on 4.5"

I agree with Mike, I think the register is smaller. I'd check em with a caliper (and the diameter of the front hubs on your 62) before I plunked down any money. (I don't think the ten inch mopar caps will fit either.
(Just had a thought. Got some 15"ford wheels on my 54 Victoria, with 65 Galaxie caps. I'll see what I can find out. My 62 is in AZ at the moment. Can you get a dimension off of your front hubs?)

I agree with Mike, I think the register is smaller. I'd check em with a caliper (and the diameter of the front hubs on your 62) before I plunked down any money. (I don't think the ten inch mopar caps will fit either.
(Just had a thought. Got some 15"ford wheels on my 54 Victoria, with 65 Galaxie caps. I'll see what I can find out. My 62 is in AZ at the moment. Can you get a dimension off of your front hubs?)
The register should be 2.83" for the 79 Dodge

Turns out I was wrong (that's NEVER happened before!). My 54 has the hubcaps and the wheels off my old 65. Fourteen inchers. My 15x6 Mopar steel has a 2.770 register (or thereabouts, I wasn't too precise)
The Ford rims are about 2.450 . For what it's worth, they have three nubs, and the Galaxie caps are 10 inch.
If the Ford wheel has no nubs, no normal hubcaps will work......

Turns out I was wrong (that's NEVER happened before!). My 54 has the hubcaps and the wheels off my old 65. Fourteen inchers. My 15x6 Mopar steel has a 2.770 register (or thereabouts, I wasn't too precise)
The Ford rims are about 2.450 . For what it's worth, they have three nubs, and the Galaxie caps are 10 inch.
If the Ford wheel has no nubs, no normal hubcaps will work......
Early Ford had 2.43

This is the ad for the rims. Only way I could put the pictures here. Really nice looking wheels for $50 - plus they are right in my backyard… Maybe someone can use them..

15x6 wheels

This is the ad for the rims. Only way I could put the pictures here. Really nice looking wheels for $50 - plus they are right in my backyard… Maybe someone can use them..

15x6 wheels
Yeah. The dog dish won’t fit them. No nubs for them to snap on to.

Auto Transport Service
Back