• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ford's answer to the Hellcat?

Every pimple face kid in San Jose ALREADY HAS a Stang. Transformer-based camero is not my cup of tea. The new Vette styling was destroyed by a committe with too much computer access. The most true-to-heritage is the Challenger and the E Body like styling of Herlitz. (Done with clay). It took vision to come up with them 45 years ago.

I would truly say RC this "go around" started in 2006 with the Super charged Shelby GT500s
The Viper? $85K & kind of exotic. The early 91 era we saw the Corvette with the "special motor" ZR1 in the C3.
It was rated at a whopping 375HP! HOLY COW! L.O.L

- - - Updated - - -

Poopschitz...
I never would have purchased TWO 2007 GT500s if they looked like the new 2014 (5) er 1204...wait, I'm confused now...!
I personally SAW the retro mustang in it.
I respected Carroll Shelby and his vision (Still do today)

I simply agree with Bruzilla...
Just my opinion...nothing more.
But I bought two because at the time tere were no Challengers and no other RETRO cars in 2006 except for the Ford GT (GT40 retro)

Poopschitz...
I never would have purchased TWO 2007 GT500s if they looked like the new 2014 (5) er 1204...wait, I'm confused now...!
I personally SAW the retro mustang in it.
I respected Carroll Shelby and his vision (Still do today)

You may be exactly my point. I'm guessing you're an older feller?

Unfortunately, the mythos of Shelby was destroyed to me when he went after Factory Five.

http://jalopnik.com/5136099/shelby-suing-factory-five-fan-forum-for-trademark-infringements

see Petty is doing what Petty does best...swaying to the breeze of hundred dollar bills being fanned..

Incorrect. You cannot logically conclude that. Ford very well might've opted to go w/ a different style that customers wanted, and been just as if not more successful.

Dude... I was a Ford employee. I'm not concluding anything. That's what happened. You can conclude whatever you like. :)

Dude... I was a Ford employee. I'm not concluding anything. That's what happened. You can conclude whatever you like. :)

Curious, what was your position?

I've heard a lot of stories from Ford employees of that era.

Hmmm...I'll try to explain again. You did conclude something, that 'retro' saved the Mustang. Correct? I tried to explain that you've commited a logical fallacy. In other words, your conclusion is not necessarily correct.

I'm also still wondering exactly what a Mustang looks like.

Curious, what was your position?

I've heard a lot of stories from Ford employees of that era.

Hmmm...I'll try to explain again. You did conclude something, that 'retro' saved the Mustang. Correct? I tried to explain that you've commited a logical fallacy. In other words, your conclusion is not necessarily correct.

I'm also still wondering exactly what a Mustang looks like.

:eusa_doh:

You dont know what a mustang looks like? Shame
40251-bigthumbnail.jpg

Reading comprehension is a wonderful gift. Please don't squander it.

I really don't understand your need to knock the Mopars??? I really think a lot of us get the fact that they're not the greatest, but we like them. Why do you feel the need to go on a Mopar forum & knock the cars?

I haven't seen a Mustang for at least 5 minutes. Last intersection.

Gee,
This thread has been driven "off course" by a fellow forum member.
I'm done with it.

The original post was simply "Ford's answer to the Hellcat"

It takes coporate competition to "bring out the best" and thanks to Ford and Chrysler "we" the people are benifiting form the wonderful options availabe now.

Chrysler:
Dodge Dart
Dodge Viper
Dodge Charger (Hemi) R/T (Superbee)
Dodge Cummins Turbo Diesel (Ram)
Dodge Ram (Hemi)
Dodge Ram 1500 (V6 diesel)

Ford:
The re-introduction of the Boss 302
GT500
Ford/Shelby with the race version GT350
Ford with the GT (GT40 re-pop)

In my opinion, Chrysler/Dodge stepped "up to the plate" and accepted the challenge from Ford.
It is competittion that brings out the BEST in a company.

Auto Transport Service
Back