• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Found a 69 RR in the weeds!

Not sure...999 had just 3 colors; Yellow, Green and Orange for 69, at least this is what the color chart says.

Actually, the beauty of a 99 or 999 paint code (the 999 is the same as 99 but they used two digit codes for the earlier cars and three digits for later years) is that it gives you license to paint one of those so coded cars ANY color in the universe you want and it is CORRECT.:bootyshake:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rippin
This is correct. 99 is special order color, any color. Code 97 is rally green, like my road runner. I agree code 99 cars are rare...how much they add to value is obviously more market driven.

I think that's exactly what I said? The harder part was folks asking how much that rare paint code is worth??? I'm less inclined to opine on that one....

Not sure...999 had just 3 colors; Yellow, Green and Orange for 69, at least this is what the color chart says.

99 and 999 paint codes are the same thing and simply mean that the color the car was painted was a CUSTOM color and could be ANY color.

The three digit (999) code was used from 1969 forward and the two digit (99) was used prior to 1969.

from what i have seen in what was in the weeds ... if its matching number, i would save ...

of course anything that has been sitting for a while ( in the pasture ) will need some additional attention ....

I don't think the 25K is a hard number, I think it's going to go to 70K range, after all, these cars are getting rarer by the year!

The problem is the only thing dwindling faster than the number of cars getting rarer are the number of people who want an old car, want an old Mopar, want a B body, want a Road Runner, want a 69 Road Runner, want a green Road Runner, and want to meet your price. :) Investors are leaving the market, enthusiasts are dying or greying out, and the younger folks are looking for something besides that car Dad liked. :)

My challenge would be how many people really consider paint as a matter of rarity? If that was such a factor, every Panther Pink and Moulin Rouge car would sell for 4-5 times what other colors get. If the car was a 440-6 or Hemi 99 99 car, that would be one thing, but a base 383 99 99 car? I'm sure it gets some Mopar guys excited, but I don't see the rank & file of collectors lining up to get it.

Neat car if one could afford to put it back to stock. I saw it was a A14 car w/ the V6W stripe with Performance Hood paint. In regards to that being rare, sure. Increased value over a regular production colored car, not so much.

Auto Transport Service
Back