• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Found this writeup on how to convert your Amp gauge to a Volt meter.

LOL got a second disagree on this... Either do it or don't its just a writeup by someone else and obviously it worked for the original article guy. Maybe its not for you, maybe it is. Either way its not something that has to be done its something that CAN be done if you want it. So to disagree with a writeup is pretty weird.

Last edited:
I have a question about this .
Why can't you leave the stock wiring and amp.meter. Connected and just add a 10ga wire from the alt stud to the starter relay.
The alt will then still charge would it not ?
If the ammeter gasket is in good shape the easiest course of action would be eliminate the black and red bulkhead connectors and run solid wire or bolted connections. Loose fitting and corroded Packard connectors at the bulkhead are the issue.

I did the MAD bypass and have had zero issues. Also with the volt meter conversion. Both on my GTX. My Belvedere is stock, but the factory bulkhead connector is a bolt.
20230211_141353.jpg

Lmk @Daniel Foster why you disagree? I am always interested in improvements.
Though know that this system has worked flawlessly for over 6 years now.
Hey Jonas. I totally didn’t even see that I fat fingered the disagree button. Sorry about that. I don’t even know enough to disagree with you. Learning about all of this has made my brain melt so I appreciate the help.

Hey Jonas. I totally didn’t even see that I fat fingered the disagree button. Sorry about that. I don’t even know enough to disagree with you. Learning about all of this has made my brain melt so I appreciate the help.
No worries. :thumbsup:
Though everything can be improved, I noticed that at idle when my electric fan starts then my rpm lowers.

Auto Transport Service
Back