• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Frame connectors

Beekeeper

It’s a disease without a cure!
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
6:32 AM
Reaction score
i was considering installing frame connectors on my 69' bee. It's a numbers matching car you guys think this is a good or bad idea? Would this hurt the
value of it?

Unless it is a Museum piece, put them on. USCartool. Inexpensive. Awesome performance. One of the best upgrades ever.

Thanks for the replies it's not a museum piece for sure
so frame connectors it is. Which of them do the best job?
I know whatever I use will need to be welded on.

I'd imagine all of them are roughly the same. I bought mine off summit a few years ago.

I bought my weld in style from US Car Tool and they are very well made and I am completely happy. Good luck

My 69 Bee uses the Mancini Racing bolt in ones, but I had them welded instead.

Thanks for the replies it's not a museum piece for sure
so frame connectors it is. Which of them do the best job?
I know whatever I use will need to be welded on.

I got mine from US Cartools . . . Great USA made product, great company, and you'll love the results . . . yes, they are the weld in type . . .

I bought mine from a guy that makes and sells them from his home shop. Near the back, they protrude thru the rear footwell just a little--had to cut slots in the floor. Then they are completely welded in , including to the floor pan. I don't see how they could possibly be stronger

Now the question. If you put jackstands under the front sub-frames , just back of the front wheelwells--with your frame connectors -- will your front sub frame still flex downward when you lower the floorjack?. I am surprised at how much my frame flexes , even with the frame connectors................................MO

i was considering installing frame connectors on my 69' bee. It's a numbers matching car you guys think this is a good or bad idea? Would this hurt the
value of it?

Just an opinion here, do not get offended!
If the car is a 383, the numbers matching status means less than it would on a 440-4, a 440-6 or a Hemi car.
If you are planning on driving the car much, the frame connectors do make a difference. My 70 Charger was set up for better handling with bigger torsion bars, sway bars front and rear and stiffer shocks. The car handled great before but after...The car just felt more solid. Fewer rattles. It felt as if it just soaked up road defects better, like the bumpy surfaces got soaked up before they made it to my seat or steering wheel. To me, this is one area where new cars outperform the old ones.
These "frame connector" threads are rarely met with negative comments. I've never read or heard of anyone complaining that installation was a waste of time. Many swear that they transformed their car, that it felt totally different. I can't say that I feel quite that enthusiastic but I was happy with the improved solid feel.
Another note worth considering: A road race enthusiast on another forum equated the uni-body structure of our cars to one large spring. His contention was that once the chassis/frame was stiffened to the point of minimal deflection, the suspension was able to work quite well with even stock torsion bars and springs....because there was no lost motion through the twisting of the unibody. He went on to say that as larger torsion bars, springs and sway bars are employed, the frame connectors became much more important.

I bought mine off Summit for my 68 GTX. You have the option of either bolting them up under - or welding. I bolted mine, but may get around to welding them this summer. Don't remember the price but it was pretty reasonable.

I ran a thread asking for opinions before purchasing them as well. I have to say the response was substantial. Seemed like the majority of owners liked the US Cartools product. I don't know that it makes that much difference but made in the USA is always a plus. Can't remember why I went with Summit.

IMG_0507.JPG
I also used the US CarTools set and welded them in. The only issue I had was the fit against the floor board left me dealing with an amount of reshaping of the pieces to get the gap down to a manageable dimension. After doing a search and reading all the posts on putting them on, I found some very useful tips to make it easier. Make sure your tires are supporting the cars weight before you tack in place and don't be afraid to use a jack or extra weight inside the car to bring the floor and frame connectors closer together for a better fit. With my Coronet, I was reminded from other members that these cars were slapped together and you have no idea how much abuse/flexing the car was put through before you got it. Very satisfied with the results. Good luck!

getting Hotchkis subframe connectors from summit. not sure when i'll install. they look to be a partial weld in.

i installed front n rear sways bars by Hotchkis with new xhd mopar springs and have been super pleased with the handling. a totally new experience.

im pretty sure they make connectors for your bee

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back