• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB Frame Rails

Status
Not open for further replies.

tyler maxson

Local time
6:53 AM
Reaction score
Looking for full sets of b body frame rails. front, back, torsion bar crossmember, leaf perches.

ideally looking for someone who has full sets in the north east in/near Jersey.

Check Autobody specialties in Middletown CT.

Looking for full sets of b body frame rails. front, back, torsion bar crossmember, leaf perches.

Year and make of car will help with your search

Have you checked with @moparmarks? He is in CO, high desert area. Might be worth the shipping charges to get original rust free pieces if he has any.

@Dodge33 is another you could try. He is in Michigan, but buys rust free western cars for parting out.

have rear rails from 67 coronet, shock rail and rear crossmember still attached standing upright, car was from alabama, not sure if it's same. Would probably have to remove spot welds to ship.

70 charger

Hello, We have some front and rear rails that are 68-9 B-body, and I think we have a pair of 70 frt frame rails on a 70 Satellite. All of the rails are still in their respective cars. Also, at this point.. we are planning on vending at the All Chrysler Nationals here in 2022, as our spaces there are paid for. We can/could deliver there for free.. but everything is depending on this gas situation. We will ship the fronts, but the rears are removed as a complete assembly, (including the upper shock crossmember). The prices are determined after removal, for inspection. We have had a hard last couple of years around here, and that is why nothing has been removed at this point, as my sister next to me, passed away from Covid 19, back in april 2020, and I need to have both of my knees replaced, and also found out last fall, that my only nephew has Chrones Disease, but is taking treatments for it.. and has been doing good now. He is young still, will be 17 yrs old on March 28th. NOTE: I will say this.. Moparmark is the sheetmetal professor on what differences ( holes in the frames, nut locations, etc.) but I am pretty sure 68-69 are the same. Thanks guys for helping us out.. appreciate it! @Dodge33

70 charger
One thing you need to know if you are buying complete original rear rails. The rear spring mounts are different between Dodge and Plymouth. Dodge has a 2" longer wheelbase and it is accomplished with those spring mounts. No big deal if you can only find Plymouth versions. You can buy the Dodge hangers from AMD and swap them before installing the rails. Or like I found out the hard way, it can be done afterwards, but it is much more difficult, lol.

One thing you need to know if you are buying complete original rear rails. The rear spring mounts are different between Dodge and Plymouth. Dodge has a 2" longer wheelbase and it is accomplished with those spring mounts. No big deal if you can only find Plymouth versions. You can buy the Dodge hangers from AMD and swap them before installing the rails. Or like I found out the hard way, it can be done afterwards, but it is much more difficult, lol.
That is interesting to know that. I thought the difference in the wheel base was in the floors between Dodge and Plymouth.
Are the leaf springs different as well?

AFAIK.. the differences are the front spring hanger.. as the Dodges are longer in length than the Plymouth. two inches sounds about right in differences, between D & P. Last time I looked at AMD's website, they only list one rear shacke box for Dodge & Plymouth. I may be wrong.. but we will have to do some measuring. Dodge33

Leaf springs are the same.
66-70 rear frames are the same except 66-67 have slots and holes for the different fuel tank setup. Shock cross members are the same. Rear cross members are 66-67, 68, 69-70.
66-70 front frames and T-bar cross member are the same.

AFAIK.. the differences are the front spring hanger.. as the Dodges are longer in length than the Plymouth. two inches sounds about right in differences, between D & P. Last time I looked at AMD's website, they only list one rear shacke box for Dodge & Plymouth. I may be wrong.. but we will have to do some measuring. Dodge33
The front spring hangers are bolt on and not a problem. The big difference is the rear spring mount. AMD sells both a Dodge and Plymouth version for B-bodies and is welded in. Remember back when I bought that complete Plymouth rear frame rails from you for my 69 Charger? That is when I learned all about this. Had to replace the rear spring mounts after it was welded in, blasted, and epoxy primed. At least I found out before final paint. Floor pans, frame rails, and springs are the same between Dodge and Plymouth 68-70 B-bodies, except for a few holes like Mark mentioned.

Last edited:
Leaf springs are the same.
66-70 rear frames are the same except 66-67 have slots and holes for the different fuel tank setup. Shock cross members are the same. Rear cross members are 66-67, 68, 69-70.
66-70 front frames and T-bar cross member are the same.

Mopar Mark,

Here's the list of cars that are listed as b-body in 66-70 Based on this link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chrysler_B_platform

Plymouth Belvedere
Satellite
Coronet
Charger
GTX
Road Runner
Anything else? Station Wagons?
Does 2 or 4 door matter?

If you get rust free floors also and install everything as a unit it would be less work for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back