• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

From Finland

John Wayne

Local time
5:39 PM
Reaction score
Hello. Maybe I'm the first finnish guy in this forum, cant know, but anyway, my topic is that I have a year 62 Belvedere with 3.7 225cid pan with manual transmission (gonna post photos when the time is ripe) and I'm planning to change the original one circuit brakes to a two circuit brakes and I would like to know if you have any ideas or tips about the best way to do it. I've heard (lots of things and opinions, even "truths" are based on "I've heard that") that mopar started using the two circuits in 67. So finding a dual master cylinder that fits by throwing might be difficult. <--- If you know any lemme know. One question that arose in my gray mass of neurons and stuff is that how should I do the circuit lining. Should it be by axle or with an X. Meaning that should one line work for front wheels and other one for rear wheels? Or should they be crossed so that if one line fails I'd still have one rear wheel from one side braking and one front wheel from other side braking? Other issue that I have is the carburetor which seems to be way different than the original (the motor is from 67 coronet but the carburetor seem to be from the 70') and there is few vacuum linings that i cant make sense of. The current carburetor is Holley 12r 5592b so if anyone know anything about anything that might go even close to the vacuum lines of that piece of metal, then again, lemme know. I've found pictures and endles diagrams of it but they all seems to be missing the one little hose socket that mine is having. I'm gonna put a picture of it when im having one. Anything else? Hmmm....cant come up with nothing at the momentum but THE sun is shining in Finland and that guy is harvesting his lawn again and it allways starts when i get our miniman to sleep. Peace.

Welcome to FBBO. I'm sure we have some Finn's on the board. You may want to post your brake question in the the Brake, Suspension forum. If you go with a dual reservoir MC the front brakes are on 1 circuit and the back brakes are on the other. Good luck and there is a wealth of information here.

There are several Finnish members on FBBO. Welcome to the forum and good luck with your power brake transition.

The brakes are fairly easy. What you use, depends on if you want it to look factory installed , or just work well. The carb thing is simple, also. If the carb is good...connect your vacuum advance, and cap everything else. I wouldn't imagine there'd be any other vacuum stuff on that early of a car...especially with a /6.

Good luck!

The rear chamber on a dual master cylinder is for the front brakes and the front chamber is for the rear. Make sure you get the distribution block too so you can get a warning light hooked up.

Welcome to FBBO!

TEK HOUSE!
Tek was (is) from Finland
Welcome aboard and thanks for joining the forum!

PS: GREAT CAR! 1962 Belvedere!

Hello from northern Finland!

Auto Transport Service
Back