• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Front bench seat spring question?

superbeedave

Local time
6:47 PM
Reaction score
Hi guy's,
Can anyone help with this little issue I have dealing with the front bench seat in a 69 Superbee the spring/springs that go under the seat for the up and back mechanism. Are there one or two springs and does anyone have pictures or direct me to original dealer pictures of the location of where they hook up to. Thank you, Dave

I have yet to take the back portion apart yet. I’m fixing a few broken springs before putting it back together.

72943C3E-617B-4B3F-9A69-246002A083A0.jpeg 3B806576-93B9-4A35-B935-B13FC6304A4D.jpeg 82ED878D-D120-4DA4-B6C1-0834DEE1E698.jpeg

:thumbsup: Yah gotta start reading the restoration threads.. all of these have been posted!
beerestoration2019part2 376.JPG
beerestoration2019part2 415.JPG
beerestoration2019part2 416.JPG
beerestoration2019part2 417.JPG

That was definitely what I needed guy's thanks! So wonder where might I find the spring that runs from one side to the other and also the hook? I have new
springs for each side but I can never find that long spring. Thanks, Dave

Dave, it's just a hard wire to join the two latches, so when you release on the drivers side it pulls the passenger side loose. What looks like springs are just the retainers to hold the bent wire end loops.

That wire is still on I'm just missing the hook, of course the wire needs straightening out some. Thanks again dadsbee!

Wire is just bent around the latch hole and back with a hump on the end of it.. that "spring" like item then just slips over and locks it in place. No real "hook"!

OR.. are you referring to the eyebolt/hook at the seat frame front that acts as a pulley??

Yes I was referring to the eyebolt/hook, that's probably why there is so much slack in my wire. I believe I have a hook just like this.

Auto Transport Service
Back