• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Front Bendix 4 Piston disc Brake Help

Go to www.calipersonline.com. They have the 4 piston calipers rebuilt and ready to go. I have had a set on my car since 2003 and they are still working perfectly. The price is reasonable enough as well.

I have a 68 383 RR with disc brakes and according to my letter from Chrysler I believe the production number was 314. I will have to dig up the letter to get the actual number but I'm not too far off.

Sleeving the bores is the only way to save them.

Thats great to know. Did you car come with Factory A/C with the vents in the dash? My car package is White Car/white interior with blue dash,blue seat belts, hawaii blue door trims and the over head lining is like a baby blue color. I had to replace the whole back of the car because of the rust that had taken over the trunk and quarters. I've never seen a RR with A/C in the dash before. From what I've heard from people the RR was made for speed not for luxury so all of the special features were elimanated. I'm sure you know more about the RR than I do. What is your input? I've also read that the vin # were stamped on the engine on limited amout of B bodys in which mine has. Is that true as well? I paid 1400 bucks for my Roadrunner and I've invested nearly 11k into it. Its starting to look like a RR again. Thanks you for you reply. Also when you find your Chrylser Paperwork with that Information can I have a copy of that information?

I have not seen factory A/C in too many Road Runners so I'd assume it's pretty rare - except in Hawaii I'm sure! I do know of another 68 RR with factory A/C but I'm not talkin'! RR's came with few standard options so anything more than a 383, a 4 spd and a 3.23 sure grip was considered a luxury. You're probably lucky you got seat foam.

In 68 the VIN started to appear on engines on all cars I believe (Ford and Chevy, etc..). The typical location for the VIN on 68 MoPar big blocks was on the bell housing flange behind the oil pressure sending unit. The auto tranny was stamped right across from where the engine got stamped and the 4 spd I believe was stamped on a pad on the side of the main case. Also in 68 the radiator support has the sales order number NOT the VIN, so don't think you got a car that was cut in half!

I'll look for my Chrysler letter.

I have not seen factory A/C in too many Road Runners so I'd assume it's pretty rare - except in Hawaii I'm sure! I do know of another 68 RR with factory A/C but I'm not talkin'! RR's came with few standard options so anything more than a 383, a 4 spd and a 3.23 sure grip was considered a luxury. You're probably lucky you got seat foam.

In 68 the VIN started to appear on engines on all cars I believe (Ford and Chevy, etc..). The typical location for the VIN on 68 MoPar big blocks was on the bell housing flange behind the oil pressure sending unit. The auto tranny was stamped right across from where the engine got stamped and the 4 spd I believe was stamped on a pad on the side of the main case. Also in 68 the radiator support has the sales order number NOT the VIN, so don't think you got a car that was cut in half!

I'll look for my Chrysler letter.

Thanks!!!

Its been hard trying to figure out information on the car when I'm missing the data plate under the hood. I have everything else including the Certi-Card along with the owner's manual. I don't really car how rare it is. I just want to know what I have. I consider any RR is rare. 45,000 RR's that were built in 68 is not that many when you consider there are over 300 million people in America and there is no telling how many of those are sitting in a salvage yard somewhere. As far as I know I am the only person in Hawaii with a 68 RR. I'm originally from South Carolina but I'm station at Pearl Harbor for the time being. I just happened to get lucky when I found my dream car here for the right price. I appreciate your help trying to get more information on the car.

Auto Transport Service
Back