• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

front brake dragging?

69roadr

Local time
10:04 AM
Reaction score
hi fbbo gang! Happy Memorial Week-end :)
i have non-power disc brakes on the front of my 69 RR, and the driver side pads seem to be dragging on the rotor. i jacked it up ,and the wheel is hard to turn. i can hear the scruffing when turning by hand. is there an adjustment of some type to reduce the pressure on this, or is it something else? this problem is bad enough that when slowly rolling to a stop, i dont even need to hit the brakes to come to a complete stop!

you likely have a bad caliper they are not expensive so replace both or rebuild and bleed brakes

Dont be too fast on changing the caliper. Try cracking the bleeder and see if the wheel frees-up. The flexible brake lines can collapse internally. Pressures of 1000psi are not unusual. This can blow-through the bad line. But it has a problem returning. Very prevalent on some late-model cars. Check this first and maybe save some coin! If so, it's a good time to change to some braided stuff and really feel the difference in the pedal.

i guess i should change those 40 plus year old flexible brake lines. they are rather cracked and worn, and look relatively easy to replace. thank you for the replies, much appreciated!

Auto Transport Service
Back