• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Front coilovers

Tzclark

Local time
4:43 PM
Reaction score
With our dollar so poor currently I am trying to think outside the box to end up with a good car for less money. (Also it's a mopar and we all know that they aren't cheap.

I will post my 4 link build soon but with good quality poly rod ends, tubing, brackets and Viking coilovers I will be into it for about 800 bucks Canadian, that about 4 dollars US currently.

I am finishing up the rear and moving onto the front. I haven't bought control arms yet but will, either magnum or alterkation more than likely. I also plan on getting a poly rebuild kit, and new sway bar. But I want to ditch the torsion bars in lieu of coilovers but simply don't want to dish our 4K US for a k member kit (which is about 80000 Canadian right now).

What I want to do is put a coilovers in place of the stock shocks but build some hoops to connect to frame and maybe tie into the inner fender brace, similar to the Xv brace? Any suggestions?

Last edited:
Check out Magnum Force Racing inner fender supports &/or even front coil over conversions

Maybe USCartool too for sub-frame connectors & torque boxes
& inner-fender supports or even radiator support/stiffeners

QA1 { they have adj. UCA's & LCA's & Dynamic adj. Strut rods too}
SPC Performance {adj. on the car UCA's}
Reilly Motorsports {ain't cheap by any stretch of the imagination, but bolt in, little cutting/fabrication}
Ridetech has some cool stuff too
PST has some cool stuff too
Magnum Force Racing has complete setups, or just pieces too...
also try www.Gerstsuspension.com {ask Bobtile, whet he thinks of them I've never used them :poke:}

really depends on your fab & welding skills

I used a QA1 k-member {on my last couple RR's} it was only $550-ish US $'s, a year or so ago
I got the last one from Summit Racing free shipping {but here in the USA}
you can get them from a QA1 distributor locally maybe, not pay the shipping or terrify...
{I use the torsion bar thou} you could easily fab something for a 2 attachment pt. type
of lower control arm like the Mustang II's had {just spit-balling}
BUT the elimination of the torsion bars are a deal where you need to do something or fab up
some sort of lower &/or rear mt.'s for the lower control arms, the torsion bars helps to support it
from going back & forth in OE style arrangements, with an single attachment point in front,
like the OE's are, with the strut rod going forward of that...

good luck

Thanks for the advice budnicks, lots of things to consider. I do have decent fabrication skills but I wouldn't try to build my own control arms. Gerst Suspension has a kit for a body which would be ideal if it was for b body. The qa1 K member appears to still require the use of torsion bars.

Hi guys! It's been a long time since I post on this forum. I'm essentially posting on roadrunner forum, but here, I'm going through your posts and watch progress that you make on your cars and that is really awesome!
That post in particular did catch my attention 'cause I bought a Qa1 Kmember and Qa1 coilovers wich are supposed to be home in March, and do you think with that set up I should put back torsion bars? My thought was if I put coilovers I remove torsion bar. Am I wrong?

Give Magnum Force a call Zach it sounds like they do have something available without spending a fortune on a K frame.

Auto Transport Service
Back