• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Strange 60 Gear & Vendor Selection

rirealtor

Local time
2:59 AM
Reaction score
Time to think about rear ends. :carrot:

As the build progresses, i dont believe the stock rear end will hold up and it would be nice to further wake up the vehicle with a better gear set.
Subject in question is a 67 charger w 496. On order is a Tremec 5 speed- about to be shipped- i am thinking to stay with the close ratio (2.87 first), but which OD do you think- the .81 or .68? Any personal opinions? Tires are 27".
For the Rear end, the original 8 3/4 had 3.23 and I have an option for 3.54 or 3.73 Gears? Street Driven only btw.
Finally- Is there a preference on vendor/dealer? The biggest/obvious is the Dr., but wondering what everyone's experiences are and if others are even worth a look( i.e. Larger warehouses that may have a 10% discount or shipping, etc)

Just may get to drive this in 2024!

I buy every single rear end and brake part for my cars from Cass. Decent prices and his customer service is second to none. Only gripe I can think of is that since covid, he doesn't answer the phone anymore, strictly emails. I always liked talking to him on the phone, but he does email on weekends.

Just my opinion:
With more gear in the back, a wide ratio first would be worthless, 496 torque would obliterate the tires.
My choice would be the close ratio gear set, 3.73s in a Dana, and the biggest o.d. ratio I can get in fifth.
With a 3.54 Dana, I might go with the .81 o.d.

Auto Transport Service
Back