• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Front OE disc's on a 70 Roadrunner

Travis Jones

Local time
6:51 AM
Reaction score
Hey guys! I was wondering if any of you guys can snap me a pic of your front OE disc brake set up. I'm in the process of building my car and have just now got back around to working on it. It's been down and apart for about a year. I'm going back together with the front brakes and can't seem to figure out how the outer pad retaining wire should be installed. Every way I've tried doesn't seem right. It took a picture of the caliper from the top side to have a reference but can't see the retainer. See pic for reference. Thanks!
Screenshot_20221105-192735.png

I see where some use them and some don't. Basically anti rattle retainers. Just trying to go back together with it like it was originally. I've searched everywhere and no luck on an image.

I see where some use them and some don't. Basically anti rattle retainers. Just trying to go back together with it like it was originally. I've searched everywhere and no luck on an image.
I guess you're not looking hard enough... :poke:

♂️ Spent about an hour searching Google. All I found were conversion set up's. I searched the forum for all key words that may pull old threads up and only came across a guy with a 73 satellite wondering about the same retainer. ‍♂️♂️

I really appreciate the quick response from you guys! I'll be locating a FSM for future reference. Have a blessed evening guys!

Auto Transport Service
Back