Front/Rear subframe connectors. Best that DON'T require welding to floorpans? I'm WELDING mine in!!

Racers Hangout

1. Dodge 330

Dodge 330 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    5:44 PM
    We did 2"x2" in my '63. We cut open the front of the rear framerails and slid them in a bit for overlap before welding. We also welded a plate to the front crossmember to attach the tubing. It was amazing how much difference it made! I can put a jack under any corner and still open the doors! I don't like cutting up a solid car more than you need to but this is one of those mods that do nothing but improve a car.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • 66Satellite47

66Satellite47 FBBO Gold Member FBBO Gold Member

Local Time:
      4:44 PM
      To make that a bit better, if you open the front of the rear subframe, slide the 2x? in 3-4 inches with a hole drilled on each side of the stock subframe & do a rosset weld each side of the subframe to the 2x? inside in addition to the weld at the front opening on the rear subframe. Really stiff.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 2
      1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
        By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.