• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Front spring hanger question

PA_65_Plymouth

Local time
12:46 PM
Reaction score
I’m wanting to drop the ride height of my car I read that moving the spring to the top hole will lower the car 1” but what else does it do to tear end geometry? Does the rear end move back? How much does it change pinion angle?
Thanks for any information

B18A81E3-21E2-4E78-BECD-62C0B903956A.jpeg

I'm looking at the setup on my own car and the concern is the Caltrac hitting the hanger when the car launches. When you move it into the top hole that small gap gets even smaller.

B18A81E3-21E2-4E78-BECD-62C0B903956A.jpg

Exactly why I’m asking the question

Never owned a car with them and I’ve yet to see a car with them and this particular mount.
I’m gonna try it out anyway and will report back here when I see what happens.

I'm looking at the setup on my own car and the concern is the Caltrac hitting the hanger when the car launches. When you move it into the top hole that small gap gets even smaller.

Finally have an update
Got a set of front spring hangers for a 66–70 B body Dodge everything looks like it’s gonna work only issue is I’ll have to add a spacer to take up some room as the new hangers are a little wider than the old ones.

11C398AF-CD85-4766-B2CB-F964FFD50C9D.jpeg

And a spacer for your driveshaft.

Auto Transport Service
Back