• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Front sway bar mounts

500stroker

Local time
9:21 PM
Reaction score
I have a 66 Satellite that I am trying to fit an aftermarket front sway bar to.
The sway bar ends that attach to the lower control arm are no problem.
Where I have a problem is where the U shaped bushing brackets attach to the K member. I think I may be missing a factory bracket of some sort.
Anyone familar with the front sway bar mounts?
Some pic's of the factory setup would realy help.
Thanks in advance

Most 66/67 K frames are drilled for sway bar mounts, whether they had bars on not.

They go right into the K frame. Two holes offset (each side), near the front upper "corners" of the main body of the K frame.

Most 66/67 K frames are drilled for sway bar mounts, whether they had bars on not.

They go right into the K frame. Two holes offset (each side), near the front upper "corners" of the main body of the K frame.
Yes the holes are there in the k frame, but they run at an angle to the sway bar. There is no way the standard u-shaped bushing mount will line up on to the holes in the K member. There must be some kind of bracket that adaptes the bushing mount to the k member holes.

Auto Transport Service
Back