• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Front sway bars

TopBanana72

Local time
8:47 PM
Reaction score
In the 71-74 world, I've been wondering why some 318 cars have a front sway bar and some don't. I have an original base 318 72 charger (Lynch Road car) that has a factory front sway bar. My friend has a factory 318 72 Satellite Sebring Plus (St. Louis car) that does not have a sway bar. Any insights out there?

Like other things, if it isn't there, it was possibly an option that wasn't chosen.

I have the fender tag, build sheet and windows sticker on the Charger and it's not referenced.

I have the fender tag, build sheet and windows sticker on the Charger and it's not referenced.
Your car is 40+ years old. If the sway bar is not called out on the build sheet, it is a pretty good bet that the previous owner added it since it is a popular addition. Is there a rear bar also?

No rear sway bar. I'm pretty sure the front end was original when I got it. I did a whole front end rebuild and everything looked factory. LCA's had the correct tabs, etc.

have a 74 car that is a 318 no provisions in the K-Frame for a sway bar yet in sales documentation it says it is standard. Go figure

Being Chargers a higher lever brand (Dodge) maybe that could be a reason your friend’s Satellite didn’t get it. Speaking at least between equal and equal cars.

Is your Charger WH23 or WL21?

Being Chargers a higher lever brand (Dodge) maybe that could be a reason your friend’s Satellite didn’t get it. Speaking at least between equal and equal cars.

Is your Charger WH23 or WL21?
Good point. I'm going to look at more Chargers and Satellites at Carlisle for this. Mine is a WH23.

Auto Transport Service
Back