• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

front tires on my 66 belvedere

Edward Zeliesko

Local time
6:44 AM
Reaction score
i have pie crust slicks for the rear (bias tire) want some bias front tires, rears are 27 high, most of the coker fronts are 28 29 high, will i 29 work ??

I run 215/75/15 on my 63 Belvedere that are 27''. They are radial but you may want to look at a bias tire for a VW Bug.
They will be in the 25.5'' to 26'' in height. Also will work on 3.5'' to 5'' wheel width.
It will give you a big and little look from the 60's if that is what you are after.
I had them on my 63 first as shown in this photo. Not the best photo and they may look small but I had the torsion bars cranked up for the 60's vibe. Too stiff so I went with the taller 27'' and let the bars down for a better ride.

IMG_2966.jpg

I've found that 28" tall may contact the lower front corner of the fender during turns. A lot depends on wheel backspace. I use a 215/75x15 on one of me cars with a 6" wheel 3.5" back space that works very well. Something like a 6.70x15 bais ply might get you where you want to be.

Auto Transport Service
Back