• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fuel cell project

I just spent $200 that I don't actually have to be spending on my car. I will post pictures once everything is installed. I just trust in Jesus, man.

This should be a pretty good weekend for my car. All that is missing is the roll over valve and two more of the foam blocks which arrive next week. So if I don't have any problems hooking up the existing length of hose I should be back on the road tonight.

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 169
Sending unit problem?

Just one question about the sending unit. When it was wired up correctly it did not read anything on the guage. So I tested out the guage by sending power to it and nothing happened so I assume the guage is dead and it will have to wait until I have the entire cluster restored. Looking at the sending unit though makes me question the sending unit. The yellow foam piece inside of the tube does not slide freely. In fact, it was stuck at the bottom of the tube and I had to smack the tube around to get inertia to get the float unstuck. No when I turn the tube upside down and back right side up, the float still does not travel freely up and down the tube. There is a point in the middle and at the bottom where it gets stuck and will not slide up and down freely. I must push with my finger or bang it on the carpet to get it to slide up and then back down. Is there something wrong with my sending unit?

Attachments

• sdfsdfg 001.jpg
    sdfsdfg 001.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 165
  • sdfsdfg 002.jpg
    sdfsdfg 002.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 174
  • sdfsdfg 003.jpg
    sdfsdfg 003.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 173
What is this thingamobbober on the top of my fuel cell cap? The round thing with the hex head at the bottom of the picture. Also, does anyone know why it is so hard to take my cap off my fuel cell. Sometimes I swear it is going to be stuck on there this time or the handle will pull off before it comes loose.

Attachments

• 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 157
All done. I didn't realize you were suppossed to be able to see daylight through the filter screen. My old filter screen was badly clogged between the screens. My new filter screen let light shrine easily through. That old black braided line was just barely long enough to make the connection. I didn't get to route it totally the way I wanted to, but it is way better than what I had before. Luckily, I was able to simply attach the clamp to that shackle bolt. Eventually I will run a new aluminum line and have it follow along the frame rail to the back of the car. All that is left is to put some gas in it tomorrow and then look for leaks, adjust fuel pressure, and then take for a test drive. Next week I will open up the fuel cap hole and replace the male AN fitting for the roll over valve AN fitting on the vent tube. Then I need to replace the teflon gaskets on the other male AN fitting with the new cap on the other side of the tank. For some reason, 3 of my 8 teflon washers were badly cracked. Once those are in I will put the safety foam back in and reassemble. Then drop $80 into the tank and complete the carburetor testing.

Attachments

• ugugiuygiuyiuy 002.jpg
    ugugiuygiuyiuy 002.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 168
  • ugugiuygiuyiuy 003.jpg
    ugugiuygiuyiuy 003.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 153
  • ugugiuygiuyiuy 004.jpg
    ugugiuygiuyiuy 004.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 174
Actually that bolt on the hanger is a terrible idea because as it turns out that does move enough to cause the fuel line to be sitting on the exhaust.

Never mind, that bolt is great idea considering my hose is not long enough to have any better alternative anyway. That bolt only moves the clamp down when the car is suspended in the air so I am leaving it. I installed the foam as carefully as possible, and still found a couple flakes of foam floating in the tank so I guess there is no way around that. Never mind these last couple posts. I have some actually important unanswered questions in the pictures above.

Auto Transport Service
Back