• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fuel delivery

CtownChris

Local time
8:59 AM
Reaction score
OK,
71 RR with 383, Edelbrock 600 4B, Weiland intake, headers, lumpy cam (unknown). Previous owner hacked up ALOT of this car.

Anyway replaced gas tank and sending unit. . Putting new steel line in, have electric fuel pump rated 5-10psi. standard inline glass fuel filter.

May get new carb as this one sucks.
This is a street only car. Can I get away with my street fuel pump or should I get a Holly 110gph, 14psi with regulator.

I just don't want to spend money I don't have to or over kill the fuel delivery as I don't race at all. Especially if I'm goin to need a carb too.

Just want reliability and steady idle, smooth operation. No bog or hesitation.

My buddy advises me to get the HI output Holly with regulator and fram fuel filter with replaceable cartrige.

I agree...My runner has a fairly mild 440 with an 800 cfm avs eddie carb and I am running a stock hemi fuel pump with no problems

I have to also agree. A stock pump or even the hi vol. pump is able to run without a regulator or return line. IMO, I'd skip the E-pump and big fram filter.
Rid yourself of the glass filter and use a solid steel unit @ whatever size line your running. Safer and easy to replace from any store.

I agree a good mech pump will work fine. But if you decide to keep the electric pump I can tell you my son and I both run the Holley red pump which has a built in reg and works fine on our mid 11 cars with no sign's of laying over as I cross the stripe at 6400 and my son shifts his 400 at 6700. Ron

Auto Transport Service
Back