• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fuel Filter Recommendation

Boomhauer

Local time
10:33 PM
Reaction score
I was wondering what fuel filter you guys can recommend for a 318 motor with stock cam shaft and heads. It has an Edelbrock four barrel carb and intake. It is the filter that runs between the mechanical fuel pump and the carb. I was looking at JEG's website and was wondering if there is a certain micron filtration level that should be used or if one is brand is better than the other, or if there is one I should stay away from. Also someone told me that there might be an internal filter in the carb itself. Can anybody tell me if this is true and if the Edelbrock has one in it. Thanks for any help.

To see if there's a filter in the carb just remove the line fitting. It will be right there. As far as what to use.....I go to the parts store and plunk down a couple of bucks for a metal cased 5/16 or 3/8 (depending on application) filter and have at

yep, any good quality in line filter will do. If you want to spend a couple extra bucks summit has some inline filters that can be taken apart and cleaned periodically. They work well also.

Thanks for all the help guys. How often do you guys recommend changing the inline filter ?

When it gets dirty...:rolling: Kidding, I would change it at oil changes or every other just so you can keep up with it, and that way you wont overlook it.... This is the main reason why I like the more exspensive units that you can take apart and clean. Most of them are housed in a glass container for inspection, and when they look less than pristine you can take it aprt clean it, and presto...good as new. They cost more upfront, but in the long run..... its all about what ya like.....

Auto Transport Service
Back