• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fuel line size

clazar

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
6:37 PM
Reaction score
I'm getting ready to replace the fuel line in my 70 RR 440 six barrel. The fuel line was replaced years ago with non factory lines. My question is, what size line for the six pack engine. Is it 5/16 or 3/8 ?? I'm trying to replace with the oem size.

Chuck

5/16 was not the size. 3/8 is what you need or maybe 1/2 depending on your horsepower,patti

Line size is 3/8 also a vapor seperator and return line would be correct for 6 barrel cars

I thought it was 3/8.

Thanks
Chuck

i thought all wedges came with 5/16" and only the hemi's came with 3/8"? anyhow, i'd do the 3/8" but the wedge pumps inlet nipples were 5/16", if your using a factory type wedge pump.

i thought all wedges came with 5/16" and only the hemi's came with 3/8"? anyhow, i'd do the 3/8" but the wedge pumps inlet nipples were 5/16", if your using a factory type wedge pump.
There's a 3/8 on it now. It's a hand bent line that someone did. I thought the six pack & hemi came with the same size line.

pretty sure all wedges were 5/16", but my '69 r/t with a 440 came with a 3/8" pick-up/sending unit and 5/16" fuel line. also, the 375hp 440's had a higher pressure fuel pump than the 383 and lopo 440's.

Sixpack and Hemi are 3/8".

My 69 Charger R/T 440 car came from the factory with a 3/8 fuel, 1/4 return, and a vapor separator.

- - - Updated - - -

Didn't the 1968-69 Charger R/T and Coronet R/T 440 cars come from the factory with a 3/8 fuel, 1/4 return, and a vapor separator also?

My 69 Charger R/T 440 car came from the factory with a 3/8 fuel, 1/4 return, and a vapor separator.

- - - Updated - - -

Didn't the 1968-69 Charger R/T and Coronet R/T 440 cars come from the factory with a 3/8 fuel, 1/4 return, and a vapor separator also?
mine came with a 5/16" fuel line and 1/4" return with a vapor seperator. i have the original fuel pump and it has a 5/16" nipple for supply and a 5/16" inverted flare outlet. heck what do i know,..lol. maybe it was a monday or friday car?

mine came with a 5/16" fuel line and 1/4" return with a vapor seperator. i have the original fuel pump and it has a 5/16" nipple for supply and a 5/16" inverted flare outlet. heck what do i know,..lol. maybe it was a monday or friday car?

Mine is a California emission car. I think the fuel pump had a steel line from the inlet that has the rubber line going from the fuel line to the pump. And it does have the other lines also for the return vapor line & from the breather on the valve cover also.

Thanks
Chuck

I know that E bodies with Hemi or 440 Six pack came with 3/8" fuel line and 1/4" return from separator. I would have assumed the B body cars would have been the same. It is possible that the 440 4bbl cars got the 5/16" line with 1/4" return but I have not proof of it.

Auto Transport Service
Back