• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fuel Line Vent?

dodge68charger

Local time
10:04 PM
Reaction score
Workin On My 69 Road Runner..

I Seen A Few Threads But Couldnt Find a Definite Answer..

Does The Long Vent Line In The Fuel Tank Go To The Vent Line In The Trunk Or The Smaller One To The Frame?

Thanks

Depends if your tank is original or not. Somewhere, sometime, in the aftermarket world the manufacturers of tank reversed the tubes in the tank. There is a detailed thread on this either here or at for road runners only ( https://www.69roadrunner.net/mopar/ ). I may try to find it or you can do a search

Long tube that runs back to the filler neck goes to the shock tower tube and short tube at the front of the tank goes up into the trunk...

Easy to remember rhyme. Long to short; Short to long. Take your pick, long tank to short vent, short tank to long vent, long vent to short tank, short vent to long tank. My reman tank was reversed and kicking fuel out if full and parked.

Auto Transport Service
Back