• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fuel Line

bmcnitt

Local time
4:44 PM
Reaction score
My car is a 68 Charger. I am thinking about going back with a mechanical fuel pump. The entire fuel line on my car is just "improvised". I was possibly thinking of buying a reproduction "original" fuel line. My first question is can you even mount on of those just from under the car? I know some old cars the fuel line runs on top of the frame and can only be replaced during a body off restoration. I guess my real question is what would be the best way to build replace a new fuel line? Is it rubber hose straight of the tank? I ask because the tank looks like it just has a hose barb on nipple type fitting, no threads. So I am thinking hose off of the tank to a steel tube along the frame and then i guess you should convert bacK to hose right before the pump? Sorry if this is confusing. Long story short can you give me some advice on how you have changed fuel lines out and some pics would be great. Hope to do the job this weekend.

Thanks - Brian

I just replaced my fuel line. Bought it from Jegs, it was made by Right Stuff. It is one piece that runs from the front frame rail, about under the shock tower, to the tank. It comes in one piece, pre bent to match original. In the rear, you will need about a six inch piece of rubber hose to connect to the gas tank sending unit and in the front, a little bit longer piece to connect to the fuel pump. I would highly recommend the preformed line. Mine fit like a champ.

Get the repro fuel line. I also got my current one from Right Stuff, good fit. Also, get the proper "s" clips to mount it on the inner rocker. I'd also get the vent pipes for the tank, as well. Rubber hose from tank to pipe & again from pipe to fuel pump. Don't forget a filter... It's really an easy job.

Last edited:
I just replaced my fuel line. Bought it from Jegs, it was made by Right Stuff. It is one piece that runs from the front frame rail, about under the shock tower, to the tank. It comes in one piece, pre bent to match original. In the rear, you will need about a six inch piece of rubber hose to connect to the gas tank sending unit and in the front, a little bit longer piece to connect to the fuel pump. I would highly recommend the preformed line. Mine fit like a champ.

x2

Fantastic, thanks a lot guys. I just ordered the Right Stuff line and clip/hangers. Hope they get here by this week end and I can get going. My fuel gauge doesnt work either so maybe i will be able to figure that out when I am under there.

Thanks - Brian

Auto Transport Service
Back