• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fuel Pump Control Module vs. Regulator and return line

Mheiron

Local time
3:51 AM
Reaction score
So on the Hellcrate setup into a 69 Charger with an Aeromotive Stealth fuel tank.

The first expert I asked, very strongly recommended a conventional fuel pump, regulator and return line setup.
But then I spoke to tech support at Aeromotive and they said their tank and pump were designed specifically for the Dodge Fuel Pump Control Module system. No need for a return line.
The wiring and FPCM comes with the wiring harness so I have what I need to go that way.

My question to the forum is what is everyone else doing on this type of swap? What has been the experience?

7FC46D3C-55EE-44F0-B51C-817C2BC1261F.jpeg D028C8DD-8CAB-4F23-9384-90C75C2D4516.jpeg

My aeromotive tank finally shipped today after being on order for over 4 months. Was that pump something specific you ordered or did you order the tank setup and that’s what they sent? I’m wondering what I have coming in now.

My aeromotive tank finally shipped today after being on order for over 4 months. Was that pump something specific you ordered or did you order the tank setup and that’s what they sent? I’m wondering what I have coming in now.
I bought the Aeromotive Stealth tank setup. My car did not have a gas tank when I got it. I needed everything.

I am running a regulator up front with an -8 AN pressure and -8 AN return line for the simplicity and reliability. I understand most OEMs now use PWM... but it is with tons of R&D. Personally, I have my doubts about the reliability of aftermarket PWM. Its hard to beat a spring and valve for reliability and durability.

Auto Transport Service
Back