• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fuel return EFI

dutch-moparman

Local time
9:57 PM
Reaction score
Hi there
Working on my GTX, converting it to EFI. Did buy the FAST EZ EFI last time I was in Florida.
Wandered if I could use the line from the fuel evaporator tank as a return, or do I have to make a new line into my fuel tank?
Struggeling with the correct words, sorry :book1:, but hope you'll understand what I mean.
Kind regards from Holland
marc

Do not know why it would not be ok. Do you have the 1.0 or the 2.0 system? Also let us know how you like it after all set up.

Hey Marc, I have the Fast EZ1.0 and used the original fuel supply line as the return line to the sending unit. I had the tank sumped and run an EFI rated hose to an external pump to the manifold

Attachments

• 496 stroker EFI 017.jpg
    496 stroker EFI 017.jpg
    151.9 KB · Views: 276
  • 496 stroker EFI 018.jpg
    496 stroker EFI 018.jpg
    151.3 KB · Views: 277
You're doing way better with English than we would do with Dutch. Since you're not going to need the evap tank anymore as long as the line fits the diameter requirement of the FAST unit you are in good shape. Do make sure and use FI rated hose for all connections.
Looking forward to a report on how the FAST unit works for you.

Thank you all for your replies!
I've got the 2.0 system, waiting for the pump to arrive in Europe. Do have the set complete with the distributor. Had a little problem mounting it. Run Edelbrock heads on my 440 and the distributor did not fit because of them. Had to grind some of the left head to fit it properly.
Nice to see the sump in the tank, could be a good solution for me too. Will try to use te evap line first. Have to find the time to work on my car. Just got a new Gear Vendors set in. So a lot of work to do.
The FAST EFI 2.0 really should work nice on my car. Busy sorting out the wires. Did put the ecu behind the glove compartement door. Have to shorten most wires because I like it as clean as possible under the hood. It is still a mess under there.
Will post my progress, probably should open a new thread on a different forum.
Like to hear all your experiences with the EFI system.

I just installed the same set-up and I would suggest that you should leave your vent open and return another way. I saw an article on Hot Rod magazine online that did this.

I ended up buying a kit where I drilled a hole in my tank. It works well. Look for my post and you'll see how I did it.

Auto Transport Service
Back