• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fuel Sending Unit

Jerry Hall

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
12:41 PM
Reaction score
When I was just on the AMD website, I noticed that they have fuel sending units for 66-67 B bodies. Has anyone tried one? All of the reproduction ones I have tried have had to be adjusted to get correct F & E readings, and are still inaccurate in between. I'm just asking before I spend money to get another one that may or may not be any better.

I can guarantee you that they will be off just like all the other repops. Nobody has stepped up to the plate to reproduce a non linear unit like the originals.

Has anyone tried this one from Spectra, pt# FG94A? I used a Spectra sending unit when replacing the tank in my 1964 Plymouth, and it seems to be accurate. I'm replacing the tank in my 67 Coronet soon, and am trying to decide whether to keep the original. The gauge still works fine, I just don't know how much rust I am going to find.

More Information for SPECTRA PREMIUM FG94A

The best option other than sending the original out for a rebuild is to use a device
called a meter match. the reason for the inaccuracies are that the original sending units were non linear and the repops are linear. the meter match remedies that mis
match.

I wish I never tossed my original in the garbage and replaced with it this new junk...still on the hunt for an OE one that I can send out and have rebuilt

I installed an EFI tank in my Challenger 5-6 years ago, the first sender was a float type and was as shitty as the typical repos... But then I heard about the floatless style senders... Bought one & it was nearly spot on out of the box....

I recently got another old car back & early on discovered it needed a tank.... I bought another of the Tanks Inc tanks but set this one up for a carb... And used a float less style sender... And it is also nearly perfect OOTB....

Can't use this style sender with the original tank but if your changing the tank & have the option of a five bolt sender.... Consider trying a float less sender...

Floatless Fuel Sending Unit

1966-67 Dodge Charger, Coronet, Belvedere, GTX EFI Gas Tank

I installed an EFI tank in my Challenger 5-6 years ago, the first sender was a float type and was as shitty as the typical repos... But then I heard about the floatless style senders... Bought one & it was nearly spot on out of the box....

I recently got another old car back & early on discovered it needed a tank.... I bought another of the Tanks Inc tanks but set this one up for a carb... And used a float less style sender... And it is also nearly perfect OOTB....

Can't use this style sender with the original tank but if your changing the tank & have the option of a five bolt sender.... Consider trying a float less sender...

Hello 1 wild R/T..........

Your tank equipped with 3/8 line and 1/4 return line?

Tanks... Mike

Hello 1 wild R/T..........

Your tank equipped with 3/8 line and 1/4 return line?

Tanks... Mike
the tank is intended for efi so the supply and return connections are both 1/4" npt, if I were using it the efi pump is rated at 340 lph at 60 psi..
Instead currently I am drawing fuel through the return side which I modified to draw from the bottom of the tank and have the pump discharge plugged...

the tank is intended for efi so the supply and return connections are both 1/4" npt, if I were using it the efi pump is rated at 340 lph at 60 psi..
Instead currently I am drawing fuel through the return side which I modified to draw from the bottom of the tank and have the pump discharge plugged...
Thank you....:thumbsup:

Auto Transport Service
Back