• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fuel tank for a 65

Ceedawg

Local time
4:30 PM
Reaction score
Checking to see who makes a good tank for a 65 Plymouth Sat. As long as it don’t leak!

Check Spectra, Canadian company that make quality tanks. 440'

X2 for Spectra. Gas Tanks.com

RockAuto sells the Specta tanks. Likely the most reasonable price, and good delivery.

I want to stay in the states to buy the tank. That duty fee across border is junk.

GTFO.... nobody that I've ever shipped parts to Southbound across the border has ever paid duty or State taxes for that matter! Going the otherway not so much. There's is ZERO duty on any automotive part made and shipped in North America.

As Dave64 stated. Just order it through Rockauto... even we do that and it's cheaper with the double shipping twice across the border than buying direct from kbec.

GTFO.... nobody that I've ever shipped parts to Southbound across the border has ever paid duty or State taxes for that matter! Going the otherway not so much. There's is ZERO duty on any automotive part made and shipped in North America.

As Dave64 stated. Just order it through Rockauto... even we do that and it's cheaper with the double shipping twice across the border than buying direct from kbec.
I had to pay $89 duty for a set of carbs I bought from a guy in Canada, rock auto is out of stock right now.

You can't buy a tank directly from Spectra in Canada. They only sell to parts jobbers. I think a gas tank from RockAuto will cost you about $160.00. I live in Ontario, about 50 miles from Stratford, where these tanks are made. I could not buy a new tank for my 1967 R/T directly from them, but only through Napa, Car Quest, etc. The local price here was $550.00 with taxes. I ended up buying a new Spectra tank from RockAuto, saving $200.00 in the process, even with shipping and taxes. This tank had been back and forth across the border twice! It was delivered in 3 days.

Last edited:
You can't buy a tank directly from Spectra in Canada. They only sell to parts jobbers. I think a gas tank from RockAuto will cost you about $160.00. I live in Ontario, about 50 miles from Stratford, where these tanks are made. I could not buy a new tank for my 1967 R/T directly from them, but only through Napa, Car Quest, etc. The local price here was $550.00 with taxes. I ended up buying a new Spectra tank from RockAuto, saving $200.00 in the process. This tank had been back and forth across the border twice! It was delivered in 3 days.
I’ll keep checking back with them.

I want to stay in the states to buy the tank. That duty fee across border is junk.
I sold a whole restored 1964 Polara 500 convertible across the border. The U.S. buyer did not have to pay $0.01 duty on it at the border.
We have to pay 13% Canadian sales tax on anything we import from the U.S., but not duty. Free Trade Agreement.

I had to pay $89 duty for a set of carbs I bought from a guy in Canada, rock auto is out of stock right now.
You sure you didn't pay the pricks at UPS a brokerage fee as there is ZERO duty on autoparts. Even with UPS I have never had a US receiver, in 38+ years, even pay a brokerage fee when shipping South..... and I've shipped a LOT building and selling aircraft and auto components. ~ 10 million $'s a year in auto components we ship South, zero duty.

when i replaced the tank in my '65 coronet i remember it being canadian made, maybe Spectra,....? anyhow, fit was very good and seemed to be an exact copy of factory.

Try Roseville Chrysler/Dodge in Michigan, North of Detroit. They have a good website, with lots of repro parts. Ask for John. I know they sell Spectra tanks. MegaParts is another place.

I’m asking for a good quality for a decent price, that someone has bought already, I have no problem looking one up. The cheapest one that don’t leak
Spectra is the best quality.. and the price is very good...

Auto Transport Service
Back