• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fuel tank for a 65

That link went to Rock Auto but they said not in stock the last time I checked.
Goes right to the Dorman tank description page for me.
1690550953752.png

BTW.. don't know if anyone mentioned it but keep the ring for the sending unit from your old tank.. the replacement rings are too thin and will leak.

BTW.. don't know if anyone mentioned it but keep the ring for the sending unit from your old tank.. the replacement rings are too thin and will leak.
or contact @HALIFAXHOPS and see if he has some NOS ones left.

Well I bought one from AutoZone (Dorman) for $162 + tax (normally $205, with 20% off) free shipping. Pickup from Classics $35

I added it to my cart and it didn't say it was out of stock.
I went to Rockauto site, put in the make and year, then was shown 2 tanks, first was stainless steel $700 second was galvanized steel, out of stock

I went to Rockauto site, put in the make and year, then was shown 2 tanks, first was stainless steel $700 second was galvanized steel, out of stock
What engine? If that makes a difference. It is listed for all engines. The tank I found in stock is a Dorman #576027.

1690681037544.png

That’s the one I bought, got that number off the ‘out of stock’ listing from Rock Auto

Just went to RA, it didn’t show a tank today for a 65 but did show this for a 64. The Dorman wasn’t on there the 2 other times I checked, just the liland types. I got it $10 cheaper but tax brought it back up to $170.
Even the SS one is cheaper there?

IMG_3269.png

It came in, Dorman number but came from Taiwan lol. Looks real good though, sending-pickup from Classics looks cheap

Auto Transport Service
Back