• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FOR SALE funnycar65 may be a crook.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've bought many items on FBBO from members here and have never had a problem so far. To me paypal is so easy and I haven't had an issue but will be interested to hear any horror stories if there are any.

I've bought many items on FBBO from members here and have never had a problem so far. To me paypal is so easy and I haven't had an issue but will be interested to hear any horror stories if there are any.
I didn't use my paypal because I was at my limit from other purchases and didn't want to let this deal get by me.now I wish I would have never seen his add.

I bought some wheels from him a couple of years ago. He was on the the slow side getting them to me, but they came and where just like he said they where.

X2

Been using PayPal for over 10 years now with no problems and would like to hear of others that have had problems. I'm a 'verified' user with a credit card and checking account on file that's only used for PayPal and I only do that for my own peace of mind....

Never had a problem with pay pal. Money
orders thats another issue!!! Never on this site . Ebay

I didn't use my paypal because I was at my limit from other purchases and didn't want to let this deal get by me.now I wish I would have never seen his add.

Sorry Sam buy old guy ADD kicked in and I was just commenting on above comment that they would never use paypal. I don't think that would have made a diff in your case.

Been using PayPal for over 10 years now with no problems and would like to hear of others that have had problems. I'm a 'verified' user with a credit card and checking account on file that's only used for PayPal and I only do that for my own peace of mind....

Same with me. I've never had a problem buying or selling using PayPal and I'm set up the same as Cranky.

My problem with Paypal stems from a problem with ebay. I got a notice on ebay that they noticed 'activity' with my account and to follow the directions that were in an e-mail they sent. I never received an e-mail from them so I called them. They said that their system noticed another account with similar information as mind, so the system linked the two accounts. I told them that I only have one account and any info of mine that is in the other account is identity theft. They said that once their system links the accounts, there is nothing they can do. They also would not tell me what info was in the other account that was similar to mine. They wouldn't help me at all. The only thing they would do is tell me the account name. So I did some investigating on my own and contacted all the people who had bought from that account, including the ones that got ripped off. I made copies of my messages and their responses, copies of all the listings associated with that account, and anything else I could think of. Then I filed a complaint with my local police which is what is advised to do when you think your the victim of identity theft.
I tried to close my ebay account but they wouldn't because of the issue. So ebay won't help me with the issue, but they won't close my account because of it. That is why I am through with ebay. Their customer service is useless. Ebay also owns Paypal which is why I wanted to close my Paypal account. Paypal wouldn't close my account because they said that some vendors that I had purchased from hadn't closed the transaction yet. Now these were purchases from Jegs and Summit that had already gone through. They had my money, I had the item I ordered. Why they were still "open" I have no idea. So because of that, I had to cancel the credit card associated with my Paypal account and I had to pay my bank a fee to block all PayPal transactions.
I am done with both, for good.
Oh, on top of that, because the guy who made the fraudulent account on ebay didn't pay his ebay fees, I'm getting calls from collection agencies about them.
Thanks loads, ebay.

Any updates?

Made contact on the phone yesterday and he stated that he would be shipping mine and Sams parts no later than Friday. Got a PM today saying I would get tracking info tonight.

feeling a little heat was he:angryfire: i myself have used paypal for what seems like ever and any trouble i have had they have taken care of, damaged parts misrepresented items ect. I am glad to hear there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

All parts are shipped and will be at the buyers address's monday.Merry Christmas

I have only had one issue with Paypal...someone in Egypt got $800 out of my account...Paypal took care of it within 3 days..got all my money back

Should this thread go away if the parts are mailed out. It may have taken longer than these guys liked, and the communication may have not been the best. But, I'm not sure funnycar65 deserves to be reminded of this fiasco, or to have this thread continue to be put back to the top of the New Posts every time someone comments. He's obviously not a crook.

I will only use Paypal for purchases. I will not accept it when selling. I've had nothing but problems with them.

Probably would be best to wait until they get their stuff to delete this thread jmho

I say we wait till we get our parts,as he told me they would ship two different times before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back