• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Future of Late (75-79) B-bodies ?

I've always had a thing for the 76 and 77 Chargers and Cordobas . Thing is , no matter how rare they get , they just aren't desirable. They are still getting parted out and crushed on a daily basis. Here is my 77 SE
IMG_20161207_161818.jpg

I don't care what it's worth, because to me, it is priceless. This is the first car that I restored, and absolutely love driving it.

image.jpg

I don't care what it's worth, because to me, it is priceless. This is the first car that I restored, and absolutely love driving it.
And that's what it's all about bar none!
Good lookin ride. Any more pictures? I would love to see them!

Oh wow!

LMAO "I might have a few...."

Thanks. Looks really really nice and sharp.

Any number on how many 75 RRs' were built ??

Any number on how many 75 RRs' were built ??

According to Wikipedia...."Only 7,183 Road Runners were built in 1975, and most (just over 50%) had the 318 engine." I have also heard that less than 10% had the 400 hp engine.

As a owner of a 79,they are great cars as far as ride, comfort,and with a small amount of work they can and do perform well.Sadly the market is not very strong at this time.Who knows ? Maybe in the future they will increase in value but I fear by not much.The restoration parts for these years are slowly becoming available,mostly the rubber parts. I have talked to several of the interior firms but none are ready to bite the bullet yet.I see prices for 72 and older A & B four door cars are starting to climb that were once only seen as parts cars.Again Who knows ?
Mine performs quite well!

300MATS Staging.jpg

I know ! I have been watching your ride at the MATS show.I have been tempted to do such a drag car as yours....Love it !

Mine was just a piece of **** anyway, I'm glad I parted it out and crushed it.

I've seen this car in person, either at Carlisle or the Nats, and it's even better than it looks in the pics !

Thanks for the kind words. It was most likely at Carlisle. The 2 pics under the red and white tent were promoting for the guy that painted it for me. The 2 pics with blue and white curtains is in building T at Carlisle.

A most interesting discussion. Funny how prices fluctuate over the years. I could go on and on about all the great rides I've owned in the past but I would only rig by boots to swing straight towards my *** for selling and trading them over the years.

I'll tell you one thing, and yes I'm biased, but I'll just about bet you the some of the B bodies will gain some value.

Especially the Chrysler 300 from '79. It was a unique limited edition vehicle that was the last hoorah from the 70s. Everywhere I go people walk up to me and yack about the car. Or at a bare minimum it turns heads at the gas pump and on the highway. It's comical at times.

With somewhat 5000 ever made, approximately 400 painted Rallye Red, not being hugely desirable until now, and the majority of them being trashed/crushed, etc.... I'd be shocked literally if there's even 100 of them left on the road.

Yeah,I kick myself for selling off cars that were great and wishing that I still had them.I guess it is the gear head in us that want to move on to a new challenge. I commend the few that hang on to cars for years.Many times I think about all the money I spent on dozens of cars.If I spent that much on one.....It would really be bad *** now.Now thinking of selling the 300 to finish my 63 Belvedere and my 68 Valiant.............Keep telling myself,,,,,,You only need ONE car.....

Auto Transport Service
Back