• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Garage Squad TV show today

I wish my tool was worn out,with a trail of busted women on the ground behind me,and I am smoking a cigarette,and I don't even smoke!

Last edited:
I stopped buying hand tools for the most part 25 years ago....... and sunk all my tool money into the shop

25 years later, my tools are all worn out and busted up; I never thought I'd see the day....... I'm gonna need to pick up a few things
Every once and a while when I see tools on sale,I throw a new set of screw drivers,wrenches,or sockets and ratchets in the toolboxes. Fathers day,and Christmas there are usually when there are decent buys on handtools.

Every once and a while when I see tools on sale,I throw a new set of screw drivers,wrenches,or sockets and ratchets in the toolboxes. Fathers day,and Christmas there are usually when there are decent buys on handtools.

I need screw drivers real bad.....I pretty much have a drawer full of junk

And it's 10 mm?

At an inch and a wrinkle, I'm bigger than that!

angry-mad.gif

Guys, feel your pain. All those years doing lifting have caught up with me. Another surgery in the works now. I need to bust *** and get the motor out of my 66 Valiant and the new one back in then take 6 weeks of down time to recover from the surgery. I was hoping to be done anround spring but that anint happening.

Unfortunately the guys I run with are in the same boat. Must have bad backs, shoulders. Knees etc. I did get some help getting the hood off the other day.

I've been binge-watching the last few nights....and I tend to believe the cars are finished within the one-week deadline (give or take a day) - there must be tight schedules to work by for the crew.

I also think and suspect that the cars are vetted around the time they are chosen - possibly even scoped for the work potentially required.
Even as good as Rock Auto are, I doubt that some of the parts are easily shipped out Next Day as seen on TV.

And it always makes me smile when a rare part just happens to be either hiding in Joe's garage at home, or is easily bought from a guy online. I know how much dicking around goes on here selling parts....so I don't actually think that one holds water.

However, it is by far one of my favourite TV shows in the reality game - that and the Kilcher Family in Alaska, and of course the people up in Tanana Alaska.

Most of the others are either 30% fake or totally fake.

Rust Bros in Canada watch very watchable, but the sequence editing was way off......cars that were finished could be seen in the background hardly touched. It was good fun to watch, and it was really about the personalities not the finish on the cars.....'cause that wouldn't hold much H2O either. :lol:

I agree with this....just like the DIY home renovations ....would like to see the house after the dust has settled and the film crew has gone home.

As it happens, I am a member of the Vintage Vans forum (sorry about that Joey)....the A100 surf van that was 'modified on Wheeler Dealers is up for sale as of a couple of days ago. I have asked the current owner for some more detailed shots of the front end.....he at least replied to my text (as that is how he wishes to communicate) but said the van is quite low and it might be difficult.

The owner freely admits that the workmanship from the TV show left a lot to be desired....in fact he got a payout to assist the actual repairs needed to make the van safe and driveable.
The price on the Auction/Sale site is a touch unrealistic at $9,999,999.00 (I didn't see OBO) :lol:

View attachment 1603405View attachment 1603406View attachment 1603407View attachment 1603408View attachment 1603409View attachment 1603410View attachment 1603411View attachment 1603412View attachment 1603413View attachment 1603414

I'm seeing a fair amount of hokey work under there. :p
Agreed.
Those u-joints in the
driveshaft are being tortured
along with the super long
arm 4-link. There's
absolutely no stability there.
And as far as I can tell,
there's no watts link or
panhard bar to keep things
from moving side to side.

I consider myself lucky that
I have a spare strong back,
a good set of strong arms,
and a level head, who shares
the same passions I have.
IMG_20191031_155002_01_01.jpg
He's just a little more
impatient and tends to
bypass the finer details.
The garage squad is fun
to watch if nothing for the
types and models of
vehicles they take on.
Rarely do they tackle
anything that doesn't have
a readily available source
of replacement parts.
A 1940 Dodge or Plymouth
truck is off their menue.

Sorry...Cristy all the way for me. I'd be plenty happy to chase her around a road course sometime!

IMG_2281-900x675-2322761320.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back