• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Garage Squad TV show today

See, that is right to my point.
When I'm not physically able to lift an axle or install a transmission, I'd welcome the help. The episodes that had an older guy getting help were the favorites of mine because I think that we all can relate to that. The day will come for me too. I already have difficulty lifting engine blocks. I can't lift a Dana 60 anymore...I used to lift them alone but years of construction and age have taken their toll.
The episodes where the owner is active in the work are realistic to me. It looks like a bunch of guys just scrambling to get the car together. I think many of us can relate to that. I miss those days. I had friends that lost their passion for cars and just faded away. Those good old days have faded away too.
And that's pretty much why we can't lift even the lighter stuff anymore. Lifting the real heavy stuff when we were younger wears ya out! Picking up an 833 these days? No way unless I want to lay up in bed for a week. Even picking up a 235/75-15" tire mounted on an 8" stock alloy Durango wheel will make me hurt for days...and yeah, I have those on both of my Dakotas...

I watched the Charger episode late last night, and the car appeared to be very clean....the seat studs snapped off due to rust underneath, but on the whole the car was pretty decent. One owner car from the factory, it basically lacked pep.....new cam, intake & carb sorted that out.

But as with many of the cars I see - the outside gets all the attention - buffed, waxed, shined to perfection, and the underneath or engine bay gets no love at all.

I am to the point where the engine hoist is a great tool for lifting iron stuff. I used to see guys using hoists to lift axles and thought they were lazy.
How about cast iron transfer cases? I swapped from a 4 speed to a 727 in my 75 Power Wagon and that TC weighed as much if not more than the transmission that was much bigger.

What about Stormy Heather? She knows how to handle a tool.....in the earlier seasons she gets down and dirty with the boys.
Undoing trans pans, pulling out valve covers....doing the nasty carpet jobs.
YES. Much sexier than Christy.

If you’re looking for some insider information on the show you should ask member @Devil . He was involved in the show to some degree and was present at many shoots.

YES. Much sexier than Christy.
Cristy does it for me.Heather is cute,more like the girl next door type. Cristy is much more of a car girl. I felt bad when I heard some douche stole her Hellcat right out of her driveway!

If you’re looking for some insider information on the show you should ask member @Devil . He was involved in the show to some degree and was present at many shoots.
Is that also Ryan Brutt ?

See, that is right to my point.
When I'm not physically able to lift an axle or install a transmission, I'd welcome the help. The episodes that had an older guy getting help were the favorites of mine because I think that we all can relate to that. The day will come for me too. I already have difficulty lifting engine blocks. I can't lift a Dana 60 anymore...I used to lift them alone

The last two Dana 60s I bought,I took out of the truck by myself and brought them into the garage! Not sure I will be attempting that anymore!

And that's pretty much why we can't lift even the lighter stuff anymore. Lifting the real heavy stuff when we were younger wears ya out! Picking up an 833 these days? No way unless I want to lay up in bed f
You've all heard of Albert Einstein, Isaac Newton, etc. and their laws and theories. Well... forget them. Remember Rob's First Law of Physics: "Things get heavier as you get older". :thumbsup:

I am to the point where the engine hoist is a great tool for lifting iron stuff. I used to see guys using hoists to lift axles and thought they were lazy.
How about cast iron transfer cases? I swapped from a 4 speed to a 727 in my 75 Power Wagon and that TC weighed as much if not more than the transmission that was much bigger.

My 4-post lift, with two bridge lifts is the greatest tool(s) that I have bought. I also bought a transmission jack & I have access to an engine hoist when needed.

I've used my engine hoist to help remove/install trunks and hoods...... just not when they are painted

Last edited:
My 4-post lift, with two bridge lifts is the greatest tool(s) that I have bought. I also bought a transmission jack & I have access to an engine hoist when needed.
I agree,I really upped my game on garage equipment! Gary taught me how to work civilized!

I agree,I really upped my game on garage equipment! Gary taught me how to work civilized!

I stopped buying hand tools for the most part 25 years ago....... and sunk all my tool money into the shop

25 years later, my tools are all worn out and busted up; I never thought I'd see the day....... I'm gonna need to pick up a few things

Auto Transport Service
Back