• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Gas Monkey sell off!

rirealtor

Local time
4:24 AM
Reaction score
video posted today that announces entire Rawlings collection to be auctioned off on BaT in near future.
Taxes, beer debt or ?

Debt load gots to be heavy. Then add the beer on top of it. Time to start all over again with a new twist.

How to make a million bucks: Star out with ten million and sponsor NHRA cars with no way of selling enough stuff to pay you back?

Aaron Kaufman was the idea man that made
Gas Monkey possible. Richard has always
been on the money end along with promoting
the product. I don't think I've seen a single
episode of GM where Richard actually got
his hands dirty.
Richard did his best to emulate the success
of businesses like Collins Brothers Jeep.
When you no longer have the talent to
support the base of your business, it's
bound to bottom out.
(CudaChick has talent).

How many of those 6 figure air bagged bondo wagons would they sell if they didn’t have a tv show?

Aaron Kaufman was the idea man that made
Gas Monkey possible. Richard has always
been on the money end along with promoting
the product. I don't think I've seen a single
episode of GM where Richard actually got
his hands dirty.
Richard did his best to emulate the success
of businesses like Collins Brothers Jeep.
When you no longer have the talent to
support the base of your business, it's
bound to bottom out.
(CudaChick has talent).

Was Aaron the fella with the beard that was on the first few seasons? Little fella? Kinda hipster looking?

I only seen GM a few times, but I always thought he seemed like a smart legit car dude.

Why is it that as soon as those car guys get a TV show contract they cover themslves with tattoos?

A month ago, I drove by the shop they did in Sturgis SD and it was boarded up. Haven't had a chance to ask locals what was the deal.

Kinda gets me thinking of "Counts Customs", the workmanship seems to be decent but everything they crank out has the tacky company logo stitched into the seats or something. If I'm paying crazy money for something, I don't want their logo on it.

6q8gqr.jpg

I've only seen a handful of episodes and remember thinking that Aaron must hate doing the show. He seems to be the real deal with actual talent and having to pretend that they didn't foresee obvious issues with a build must have made him nuts.

does this mean the clearcoat over rust fad is over?

Y'know, I prefer this to the paint jobs that are done to "look" like patina. Those are so obvious that to me its just a shitty paint job.

Y'know, I prefer this to the paint jobs that are done to "look" like patina. Those are so obvious that to me its just a shitty paint job.

I can't imagine clear over rust doesn't turn into a mess a few years later

His collection seems boring and unfocused.
As far as the show, I haven’t watched since Aaron left. But even then, how many times do you have to try to start a new engine with the distributor 180 out before you come up with a better way?

Auto Transport Service
Back