• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Gas Tank Replacement

What GTX 440 said about the leak around the new grommet. I too bought one from Filler Neck Supply and it leaks. The pipe fits loose in the grommet. Got an email from Fuel Neck Filler and they said some tanks need the 1-7/8" grommet. I ordered the smaller one from them and was looking for more input on installation when I found this page. Sounds like they made 2" and 1 7/8" version and both are listed on their site for our cars. Wish I would have bought the Summit MF296 part first.

No one touches my car- sounds like you should pick up another seal , this time give the guy some vaseline to lube the rubber, anything fuel related gets vaseline, it just dissolves later. Also a note to all~ keep/ re-use the original thicker pick-up lock ring, the repros are too thin, Bill Rollick has em the right ones , even has em in stainless. I bought a stainless fuel tank for my each of my mopes and I Love em.

Who is Bill Rollick? You say he has the thick rings? I would like to get one, been having this issue for decades...

Auto Transport Service
Back